OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Question on Indian Creek Black Diamond Turkey Choke

Started by bigbuck326, March 20, 2011, 04:34:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbuck326

I am newbie on Old Gobbler member,  bought  836 Ulti Mag Tactical Mossberg 12 ga 3 half inches shell and choke .695 look like not tight pattern but i never fire so and read on website about Indian Creek Turkey Choke is best pattern tight one..675   and plan use on Remmington Nitro #4 and Supreme #5   need your help  before i decide to order this weekend   :welcomeOG:

sugarray

First, congrats on a great gun.  You are right the .695 will not give great patterns.  The #4 will likely not be very good and you won't be happy.  The number 5 depending on the load may be good, but I would at least go down to #6 to really get the numbers you want.  You don't need to go to the heavier than lead loads, but a change to #6 will improve patterns greatly.

The IC is a great choke in the MB, and I shoot one.  I shoot an open .710 b/c I shoot handloads that can really be choked tight.  I like more open for hunting.  The .675 will serve you well no matter what load you choose.

archery1

I ALSO SHOOT THE MOSSY835 WITH A INDIAN CREEK CHOKE. I HAVE GOT MY BEST PATTERNS WITH THE 3" HEVI 13 LOADS IN 6 OR 7'S. I DID SHOOT THE WINCHESTER SUPREME  SHELLS. THEY DID GOOD OUT AT 30 YDS. BUT AFTER THAT THEY WERE HORRIBLE. I GOT 160 SOMETHIN  IN A 10" CIRCLE AT 40 YDS WITH THE HEVI 6'S AND 179 WITH THE 7'S. THE MOSSBERG KICKS LIKE A MULE SO I DIDNT GO FOR A 3 1/2 SHELL. U WILL GET BETTER PATTERNS THOUGH.
Take a kid hunting