OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Gobbling yesterday in Georgia!

Started by Bustabeak, March 20, 2011, 02:51:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bustabeak

Went to our property yesterday morning in georgia and had a couple gobbling! He gobbled at my owl call, at the crows flying over and some geese flying. He for sure put on a gobbling show for me! One more week before it opens up here. Just curious, do you  guys think they pretty much use the same area to roost in a week period? Its probably hit or miss if they will be in the same spot next weekend but just wanted to see what some of y'all experiences were. Hopefully he won't be too far from the same spot!

StruttinGobbler3

They're hammering on my farms down here. From what I've seen over the years, I have certain flocks that roost in the same bottom or general area from year to year, and others that seem to be there one morning and gone the next. Easterns don't seem to have a certain tree they roost in night after night, but sometimes will roost in the same general area. As I'm sure you know, they can also be pretty finicky about coming in to calling, don't gobble a whole lot, and tend to be just all around aggravating some mornings. Thats why Easterns are the hardest subspecies to kill in my opinion. But if you heard that bird gobbling up a storm in one particular area, chances are he'll still be there this Saturday. Then again, he could be gone, but he probably will not stray too far from there. Good luck Saturday morning!
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

Bustabeak

Thanks for the info! I sure hope his is hanging around! Good luck to you as well!!