OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

NWTF shot glass call

Started by magnumgray, January 03, 2015, 01:15:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magnumgray

I saw these at the Nwtf convention and realized .... they could be transformed into a tube call .... Just cut off the bottom of the shot glass .... sand smooth .... add latex,   sounds good.   It would make a great silent auction items.

pappy

Would make a great conversational piece for sure....
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

magnumgray

I can't get the pictures to download ...... it actually looks like a choke tube.

West Augusta

Go to www.tinypic.com  upload the picture,  copy the img file and paste that in your post.
On the resize button, I pick Message Board size.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

mwr

pappy

tel...573-380-8206

silvestris

With the right size aluminum head, I have every expectation that such a caller would have a very distinctive turkey killing ring to it.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

howl

I would leave it all glass. I would also make a sticker like some do for pot calls and use the sticker inside the last half of the barrel of the call. Then frost the whole thing.

Anyone know an easy way to do the cutting?

pappy

I have seen glass cutting tools for cutting bottles, I wonder if this would work? check this video out on cutting bottles!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFXngPx3w3M
tel...573-380-8206