turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hot hen and Outlaw hen

Started by sbbow, December 31, 2014, 04:25:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbbow

I really like using my tulipwood on these 2 calls. Is there anything else I might try?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hunter22

Steve,

I run Persimmon and Dogwood strikers on my Hot Hen. Called a bunch of gobblers to the gun with those combos.

I run Hickory and Dymondwood on my Outlaw Hen.

sbbow

I have a persimmon never thought. Might have to look into a dogwood

Painter

Have any of you guys tried the African blackwood.  That strik et has worked on everything I've put it to.

Triple B

Quote from: hunter22 on December 31, 2014, 04:42:24 PM
Steve,

I run Persimmon and Dogwood strikers on my Hot Hen. Called a bunch of gobblers to the gun with those combos.

I run Hickory and Dymondwood on my Outlaw Hen.
Very good information here,and I can personally attest to Rickey's choices.

Triple B

Quote from: Painter on December 31, 2014, 06:56:53 PM
Have any of you guys tried the African blackwood.  That strik et has worked on everything I've put it to.
The African blackwood is one I need to get,I hear alot of good about them.Bill Lyman's snakewood,and Steve Torman's dogwood will run on anything as well.So many different surfaces and wood combos that really go well together.
Some really good guys on this forum,that really know their woods.I have learned alot from them.Some of the best strikers I own are truly custom made,all by hand from a good friend on the Forum......

Gobblerjim

Had 3 Osceola's fall to lights out dymondwood striker and hot hen.

ncturkey

What is the contact info. For Lonnie sneed?

sbbow

304-425-3021

Jbird22

I can vouch for Persimmon on the Hot Hen..AWESOME!!!

ridgerunner

I talked with Lonnie today..Heck of a nice guy...I could sit and talk for hours, Lonnie is a wealth of turkey knowledge..I ended up ordering a Hot Hen call myself.