OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey video

Started by jims, December 21, 2014, 10:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jims

I was wondering what video equipment guys have liked used for filming their turkey adventures and if you have any tips on setting them up.  I have a Gopro.  I've seen a few videos of guys setting up a gopro near their decoys to get close-ups of toms approaching and sometimes beating up decoys.  I noticed there are a few mini-cams that can be set up on bows or shotgun barrels that might work ok.  Has anyone tried these or have any filming suggestions?

alclark2

I find my gopro is good for up close footage. The fish eye effect gets good wide coverage. Gopro on a gun doesn't really work out for me. The recoil doesn't make for good footage. I've shot clay pigeons and it makes for good video to get on target and capture the shot on another camera.
Hoosier Hunt n Fish

bamagtrdude

This year, I'm gonna film my hunts w/my DIY "hat cam" that I made up; here's a video of some footage I shot while shooting my bow: https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=673838142735398&pnref=story

Pics of the hat bill I modified -- just cut a hole & put in a standard tripod base plate...  The cam is a Kodak PlaySport I picked up for $100 on eBay; full HD.
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)