OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Stolen turkey call

Started by Basser69, December 07, 2014, 01:51:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgm1955

Quote from: M Sharpe on December 07, 2014, 03:53:55 PM
That trust is a two way street as Rickey pointed out!
That's a shame for you personally. In the bigger picture it's a shame for all the honest sellers and buyers who would never consider not following through on their half of a deal.

Old Gobbler

This type of thing is avoidable most of the time , the site policy does stipulate to receive payment before shipping the call - rarely ....rarely does a call maker make bad on a deal , that's where the thought pattern is generated from this policy

But I do understand that sometimes people like to handle things their own way , several call makers got snookered by a single individual in this manner years ago he was from the Tampa FL area....

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

davisd9

I personally will not do paypal as a gift if I am buying something. I will pay the 3% extra but not going to lie about it.

Sorry to hear about your trouble. I always stet I want money before and I have references from those I have bought from an sold to.

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Crawdad

Guy's, I can understand how you all feel, but for me, I am a very trusting person & I really have no problems sending calls before receiving payment, with that being said, I have been left hanging twice by people on another forum, but I'm dealing with ethical & men of character, as I assume all hunters are  & I don't know of many, if any people I would rather trust . So yea, I'll probably get bit again down the road, but its really his loss & not mine, if he can live with it, I can live without it.

strutnrut

I will always send the call first but if I have a doubts I'll call my buddies and ask them if they know the person. I guess I just trust people until they give me a reason not to trust them. I will always give the buyer the benefit of a doubt. I feel that if you contact the forum admin they are willing to assist in getting the problem taking care of, Just plain respect for the admin to not start trouble for the site . I do understand why the buyer was called out but I would have did it differently but every action does have a reaction.

Roughneck

The person you speak of posted on FB that he's trying to get his life right so maybe you will get your money an all will be resolved eventually.

Basser69

I'm done trying the pm idea. It's been over 6 months and still no money

Izzyjoe

Sorry you got took, to me trust and a mans word is all you got in this world! And if you got neither, you got nuthin'!  Crawdad, that's a good line, if he can live with it, I can live without it! True words spoken!

M Sharpe

Quote from: mgm1955 on December 07, 2014, 04:29:46 PM
Quote from: M Sharpe on December 07, 2014, 03:53:55 PM
That trust is a two way street as Rickey pointed out!
That's a shame for you personally. In the bigger picture it's a shame for all the honest sellers and buyers who would never consider not following through on their half of a deal.
Knock on wood Mike, I've never dealt with anyone like that!!!!
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!