turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Stolen turkey call

Started by Basser69, December 07, 2014, 01:51:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Basser69

Yep I sent this call in June and still have not been paid for it. Mathew Nickely

gwa

Sorry to hear that Scott..... I kind of doubt he is gonna pony up the dough....

Denny

silverspur

Sorry to hear that, that stinks. Always get the money first, then ship is the lesson learned here.
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

Wingboneman

I sure hate to see this happen, I send calls to people sometimes before i get the money, have had no proplems for the most part..
I know for a fact that the person in question got on a call makers site on FB saying he was a call maker.. but was kicked off after it was brought up. just saying.
sleepyturkey
http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php?action=profile;u=9082

Idratherb

M Sharpe

That really does STINK!!!!!

I have also sent out calls prior to payment being received. Some folks I'll ship before and some I won't.

If in doubt, request a Postal Money Order prior to shipping. This keeps both sides honest, call maker and consumer!
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

sbbow

I've sold him 2 two calls and have gotten money through paypal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WV Ridge Reaper

Never had a problem with Matt myself..We have bought and sold to each other

pappy

First, lesson learned, second, trust is a hard gain in this game, use it very discreetly and cherish it when it works in your favor. I would suggest that you not post this type of material especially providing a person's name, it would be best to handle it through personal messages or phone calls. Even though it is good to be forewarned "seller beware"  type thing, it is in the best interest of all to be discreet about it and not create an issue that could hinder the success of the site.
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

hunter22

I hate to hear this. I have bought hundreds of turkey calls in my life and can honestly say I have only paid for or won in a contest a couple calls I did not get. But I can assure you I will never forget those two and be more than happy to share their names if anyone ever asked. One of them happens to be very highly thought of on another turkey forum. I have often wondered about the callmakers that send their calls to you before they get their money. It seems for the most part the turkey call brotherhood is a very honest and trustworthy bunch of folks.

trb136

I have had that happen once for quite a bit of money, My hard lesson, I'll never mail a call without payment first

mikejd

I know its nice to be able to trust people but none of you guys should ship any calls without payment first. With Paypal there is no reason to deal with it.

M Sharpe

That trust is a two way street as Rickey pointed out!
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

Spring Creek Calls

Quote from: pappy on December 07, 2014, 10:44:15 AM
First, lesson learned, second, trust is a hard gain in this game, use it very discreetly and cherish it when it works in your favor. I would suggest that you not post this type of material especially providing a person's name, it would be best to handle it through personal messages or phone calls. Even though it is good to be forewarned "seller beware"  type thing, it is in the best interest of all to be discreet about it and not create an issue that could hinder the success of the site.

Excellent advice for all of us that sell calls here.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

Rapscallion Vermilion

Quote from: mikejd on December 07, 2014, 02:04:31 PM
I know its nice to be able to trust people but none of you guys should ship any calls without payment first. With Paypal there is no reason to deal with it.

PayPal is a good as long as you don't use the Gift option.  For the saving of a few bucks, buyer and seller lose protection.