OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Duck Choke Tube

Started by nctrkyhntr, November 23, 2014, 06:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nativeks

All my brother shoots is a patternmaster. From 3" 3s to 3" BBB its deadly in his Beretta. I own the same model of Beretta and my IC choke is deadly with 3" 3s out as far as I am willing to shoot. Eventually I'll add another patternmaster to my arsenal. Yesterday the mallards decoyed in beautifully and I think it took 14 shots to kill 10 mallards and one goose. I'd rather waterfowl hunt that eat this time of year.

nctrkyhntr

would y'all recommend the kicks high flyer modified or full? My shots can really range from 10 all the way out to 50 yards.

thank you again for the help guys

Assault

Quote from: nctrkyhntr on November 30, 2014, 07:25:15 PM
would y'all recommend the kicks high flyer modified or full? My shots can really range from 10 all the way out to 50 yards.

thank you again for the help guys
go with a mod in kicks. My buddy I hunt with uses a kicks mod! Does great with it. Good all around choke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Triple B

Patternmaster, Kicks,Rob Roberts, are good chokes.I use them all. Briley makes a good choke as well, and have used theirs extensively also,and I think the extended models are around $50 or so. I would stay with the Lt Modified,and modified.
It all depends what your gun likes with the tubes and the loads you shoot as well.

GomerPyle

[From a buddy re: turkey hunting]
"the best advice I can give you is to run from it like it's crystal meth"