OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Tristar Sporting Arms Model 300

Started by chadly, November 03, 2014, 07:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chadly

I have a friend that took in this gun as a trade for money that was owed to him. He said he would sell it to me for $200. I have no use for this gun but I don't a have an over and under shot gun and I've always wanted one. Does anyone have any knowledge of this gun or model? What would be a good price? I would probably hunt pheasants until I get one then to the back of the safe it would go. I'm assuming I can shoot 3 inch in this gun?
Thanks
Chad

Spring Creek Calls

If the gun is in good condition, $200 would be an excellent price. I believe the 300 is a 3" gun.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

chadly

Well I did buy the gun and went hunting mid-morning today.  Not being used to the thumb safety the first bird flew away with no shots as I fumbled with the safety.  I also had two birds that I missed on the first shot and could not think to pull the second trigger but rather kept pulling the first over and over.  I enjoyed the gun very much but I will take my Benelli SBE over it any day of the week.  It's lighter and holds more bullets.  I will use the gun again sometime just for something different.  You can never have too many guns.  It was an excellent day in the field.  Many birds seen and that does not happen often. 

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase