OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Best Mouth Calls

Started by ChasinTails27, November 10, 2014, 06:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Downs

For me, no question, it's Sadler McGraw's new Champion's Choice line. He'll build you any standard cut you want and also do custom stuff for you. Quality products and he wants his customers happy.

Idratherb

I'll second gulvas and sadler

TauntoHawk

Mouth calls are so different for different ppl, I don't work well with heavy tape our thick reeds. Guys love calls like woodhaven but I can't play them as well as others. Hooks, houndstooth and halloran are the best for me out of the near 100 I've tried. Try a bunch they are cheap for the cost of a good pot call try and get 2 or 3 from about 5 different makers and go from there.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

longhorn

Hooks swindler, executioner, and seducer among others.

Tbrady835

Primos hook hunter series red green and blue ones very easy to use and great tone

Model 1300

I like the raspy sister call from ZINK but I use a lot of custom calls from makers here in PA
"Stop flinching it's just a 3 1/2 inch Magnum" said the old man.

Turkey and I have a love hate relationship.

savduck

Georgia Boy

drum817

I use the SS mouth calls. The hit man & prospector are my favorites!
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

cjordan

Gooserbat are the only custom mouth calls I have ran. I bought them last year, but unfortunately lost all but the one I had stuck in my cap at one time, somewhere through out a hunt. They were easy to run, and sounded great. I plan on ordering some more here shortly to replace what I lost.

GSLAM95

After using many different brands and cuts throughout the years I will have to say to each his own as they are a lot like ford vs chevy vs dodge.  Many great choices out there, just find one that works for you.

I presently use some of the Strike Zone mouth calls by Randy Panek but there have been a lot of good call makers mentioned in this thread as well.  I also like Steve's XT Havoc calls and hope to some day try calls from Kevin at Peckerwrecker, Sadler's Champions Choice and some of Sam's from Goosebrat.

Good luck this coming spring no matter which calls you end up choosing.

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

Bigfoot

I've used gooserbat calls for a few yrs now.  None better. His calls are so consistent, year after year...

USMC0331

Ridge Top custom turkey calls makes excellent calls which require very little air pressure to run and he doesn't ask for your first born for his calls. On his Web site he has videos running all of his calls.

jims

I REALLY like Woodhaven Red Wasp for super raspy hens calls.  They take a lot of air so I mostly use them for calling when turkeys are a little fairly away and on windy days.  I often use Cane Creek's Lost Poult when turkeys are close and I want to call softly.  Does anyone know of any other diaphragm calls for calling soft?

ridgerunner

Woodhaven Copperhead my all time favorite.

dfresh55

tom teaser butt naked hen, and down and  dirty