turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Best Mouth Calls

Started by ChasinTails27, November 10, 2014, 06:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChasinTails27

I have the Primos True Double mouth call and I'm not all that crazy about it.  What are some of your favorite mouth calls???  I'm just looking for a good mouth call that I can yelp and cut with.

davisd9

XT havoc and riot. Steve is not making any mouth calls any more except friends, but he highly recommends Sadler McGraw. Plan on trying mcgraw's call this season as well as a few houndstooth. I am a v cutt and half bat wing kind of guy. Good luck

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Gooserbat

I'm bias but I like Gooserbat.  Try my Bacon call, there is a reason I sell a tone of them, easy to use, light-medum rasp, and they call turkeys.  I also have 9 others to pick from. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

mwr

I like SS Calls and Mother Lode Calls... :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Jbird22

Hooks and Houndstooth but I use small frames fwiw.

WildTigerTrout

Quote from: ChasinTails27 on November 10, 2014, 06:15:02 PM
I have the Primos True Double mouth call and I'm not all that crazy about it.  What are some of your favorite mouth calls???  I'm just looking for a good mouth call that I can yelp and cut with.
The entire line of Primos stacked frame(piggyback)mouth calls are my favorites especially the True Double and True Triple. I guess you will have to experiment a little to find one you really like. I have had good luck with HS Strut and Quaker Boy mouth calls also.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

mgm1955

Devastator

M Sharpe

PeckerWrecker mouth calls by Kevin Farr
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

ChasinTails27

I have heard the Woodhaven calls are pretty good.  I'm going to try out the Knight & Hale 'Preacher' and see how that one is. 

The Primos Piggy Back True Double just sounds a little airy to me.  But there is a very good chance it is the operator and not the call!

VA_Birdhunter

SS Custom Calls & Rut N Strut Game calls hands down are the best I've ever used!  I keep several put back cause I'm afraid they might quite making them.  I've been using Rut N Strut mouth call for 4 yrs now and I'll be using them until I cant or he quits making them!

God bless
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

Boilermaker

Woodhaven are my favorite.  They make some very good mouth calls that sound very good.

OHTKYHNTR89

Long Spur Custom Mouth Calls are the best calls I have ever used.

vaturkey

Vaturkey

gwa