OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mailman arrived

Started by TScottW99, March 19, 2011, 05:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TScottW99

Ordered some Hevi-13 3" 2 ounce #6 last week.  Was very surprised when the mailman brought a box today holding the Hevi-13.

I thought that was a big no no.  Am I wrong?
"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

Mailman

you are not wrong. Must have told them something else was in the box or they never asked or new. I think the USPS is a little anal on this subject anyway.
One Shot One Kill

runngun

The USPS delivers packages every day for Fed-ex and UPS. I guess UPS and Fed  ex saves money sending their own shipments thru the postal service probaly a little cheaper than delivering the packages themselves
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

bird

HUGE NO NO!!!

Someone was or is risking an investigation by the Postal Inspectors and a gigantic fine and possible prison sentence. 

What little a person would save is not worth the price if they got caught shipping ammo through the U.S. Mail.

bird

S.C.C

This thread needs to be removed! right or wrong!! :icon_thumright:

bird

Quote from: S.C.C on March 20, 2011, 09:25:45 AM
This thread needs to be removed! right or wrong!! :icon_thumright:

Nah... the thread will stay to help educate the OG members and make them aware that shipping ammunition through the U.S. Mail system is a HUGE NO NO and that they risk some very expensive consequences in trying to save a few bucks as its not worth the meager savings.

Sounds like to me that when TScott said he "ordered" some ammo that he was referring to a business and businesses know better or at least should know better than to attempt to mail "explosives" in the U.S. Mail whereas the everyday Joe like most hunters may not be aware of such Federal Laws.

We just won't mention any names but I think the thread should stand as it is.

bird

S.C.C

There are 100's of businesses that do it every day....Does that mean we need to help the FED's shut
them down and limit are own resources? right or wrong? 

TScottW99

Quote from: S.C.C on March 20, 2011, 09:57:15 AM
There are 100's of businesses that do it every day....Does that mean we need to help the FED's shut

A business should not be breaking the law and including their paying customers in the commission of a crime.  The BATF will go after you for being a honest upstanding citizen,much less having ammo shipped to you illegally. 

I speak with my money so this company has lost a customer now.  Not worth taking the chance of the FED's coming to my house a calling.

I do not see how you want us to keep quite about it.  The FED's know these things happen everyday.  Companies should be more responsible.  In all my years of being a gun nut/consumer I have never had a company mail my ammo through the USPS.
"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

lmbhngr

I would let them figure it out themselves.

buck_hunter21

Quote from: TScottW99 on March 20, 2011, 06:32:42 PM
Quote from: S.C.C on March 20, 2011, 09:57:15 AM

A business should not be breaking the law and including their paying customers in the commission of a crime.  The BATF will go after you for being a honest upstanding citizen,much less having ammo shipped to you illegally. 

I speak with my money so this company has lost a customer now.  Not worth taking the chance of the FED's coming to my house a calling.

I do not see how you want us to keep quite about it.  The FED's know these things happen everyday.  Companies should be more responsible.  In all my years of being a gun nut/consumer I have never had a company mail my ammo through the USPS.

My exact thoughts. If a business is breaking the law it should not be hid just because the business sells something we are interested. Seems kinda dirty.
Spill Blood

S.C.C

Man, the ANTI-GUN crony's would/will jump all over this one! :bike2:
Did ya call'um and ask them not to do it again? :icon_thumright:

decoykrvr

With the BATF, ignorance is not an excuse, it's a noose.  It's imperative that any company which deals under the auspices of the BATF's purview educate their employees accordingly.

OLE RASPY

U didn't ask them to send them usps so therefore u shouldn't be reliable.Can u as the customer still get in trouble anyway even though its not your fault.

headbuster

Quote from: runngun on March 19, 2011, 05:25:15 PM
The USPS delivers packages every day for Fed-ex and UPS. I guess UPS and Fed  ex saves money sending their own shipments thru the postal service probaly a little cheaper than delivering the packages themselves

Negative on USPS delivering packages for UPS! We deliver to the post office and most of the time they have a second lable on the package for the post office. The postal service then delivers to it's final destination.
UPS delivers all our own packages that comes through the system.

TScottW99

Quote from: OLE RASPY on March 20, 2011, 08:23:35 PM
U didn't ask them to send them usps so therefore u shouldn't be reliable.Can u as the customer still get in trouble anyway even though its not your fault.

Correct, however that won't keep the BATF from coming to your house a calling or the USPS inspectors.  From there they might want to just look at your ammo or your guns.

No thanks!