turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Single Sided Box question

Started by TripleGobbleCalls, October 15, 2014, 09:24:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TripleGobbleCalls

I'm in the process of making a single sided box call. I don't have a template or blueprint to follow. I made it from what I visioned it to look like. I have my striking wall at about 1/8" - 3/16" thick. I hollowed out the middle for the sound chamber and the rest is flat. I drilled my hole in the top left corner of the box. My question is, do I need to have the paddle sit higher than the striking wall? If so, should I just glue a piece of wood into place, or how exactly is the paddle supposed to sit on a single sided box? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

SS Calls

On a one sider you need the off side, or stop side, whatever you want to call it higher than the soundboard side. Paddle angle is debatable. Seems everyone has a different idea on that. I put some angle on my paddle but not to the extreme of some I've seen. Really the only way to know is experiment and do whatever sounds best to you. I don't drill my screw hole in the box off center, but the paddle is drilled off center and at an angle to make the paddle lean inward some. Not sure if it will help any but here's a pic of one of my one sided boxes. If there's anything I can help with, just shoot me a pm and I'll try to help you out.
Al

TripleGobbleCalls

Thank you very much SS! I may be sending you a PM!

SS Calls

You're more than welcome Sir.  :icon_thumright:  PM answered.