OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Since I can't shoot a Comp-N-Choke with Hevi, what should I get??

Started by aaronward9, March 19, 2011, 02:56:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaronward9

I have been using a Comp-N-Choke in my Benelli SBE2 for a few years now and have been shooting Hevi shot with it lately and been getting great patterns.. I talked to a CNC rep the other day and the said I couldn't shoot HTL loads through their chokes. They said all warranties are void if damage occurs from shooting HTL loads through their chokes. So, I need some suggestions as to what to get. I have a buddy that said he'd sell me an Indian Creek for $35. I also thought about the good ol' Jelly Head.  Which of the above would you get or would you not worry about shooting the CNC and keep what I have?

I also am in the same boat with my 835.

I am shooting both Hevi-13 3 1/2", 2 1/4 oz, #6s and the Magnum Blend....

Here are a few of my patterns with the Hevi through the CNC.. First pic. is 40 yards w/ Mag Blends and 2nd pic is 50 yards with Mag Blend.

booth

allchokedup

If the I/C will fit your gun and its in good shape, give your friend the $35.00 and a big hug...thats a good deal. I have an I/C in my M2 and love it.

chipper

I like customer service and IC and PG are gonna be really hard to beat in that category and There chokes are top notch also, they make something that will shoot anything you want to shoot and won't quit till you are satisfied.