turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

SA-20 and SA-459

Started by Tail Feathers, October 16, 2014, 07:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

It may take you a year to fine any federal HW 7 in stock anywhere.  No one has any....lol

deadbuck

Quote from: decoykrvr on October 17, 2014, 03:12:53 PM
With the cost of the HW #7's, 11/2 oz load, I doubt if you're going to be shooting many of them except at turkeys.  With that said, the Weatherby seems to be very well made and w/ the Weatherby warranty, I wouldn't worry about it.  The Federal HW loads are all within the SAAMI standards for modern firearms.  Anytime that you are shooting higher pressure shotshells you should keep the chamber and barrel as clean as possible, and I would definitely run a Bore-Snake through the barrel 3-4 times between shots and before shooting w/ a clean barrel to remove any residual oil which can elevate chamber pressure.  I've put over a box of the 11/2 oz. loads through the Weatherby PA459 TR w/ no signs of excessive pressures or ejection problems.
The Federal 10 ga heavyweight loads are not within saami guidelines! Way over. 15,000 psi and saami is 11,000 on 10 gauge.

ccleroy

TauntoHawk

My buddy picked up one of the 2014 SA-459's and put a fast fire III on it..  :drool:

I've decided thats what I need to get my wife for a turkey killer and fix it up with a sumtoy and some federal #7s so I'll be borrowing his this weekend to let her try it out
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

cutt down

You'll both be happy & when she doesn't go you'll find yourself using it too!   :anim_25: