turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Best aluminum and copper??

Started by dbarron22, September 09, 2014, 05:23:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dbarron22

I'm lookin to buy me another aluminum pot and a copper pot. I've never owned a copper but I've played some and I really like the sound they produce. I was wondering if I could get some wise options on some of the best aluminum and copper calls?

Spring Creek Calls

My opinions,

Aluminum - 3.25" fry pan from Stone Road Calls
Copper - 3" from Mike Yingling

2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

Triple B

I have resisted the urge to run a copper pot for a long time, because I really like slate and glass pots. But when I do pull the trigger sometime soon, it will be a Mike Yingling Flamed Ash copper pot.

letinmfly

Aluminum-

Bill Lyman, Darrin Dawkins, Jimmy Schaffer, SS Calls, Gary Anderson, Lonnie Mabry

Copper-

Johnathan Higgins, Mike Yingling, Derick Reis, Frank Kruer

I personally own calls from these callmakers and they are all top notch.  You won't go wrong with any of these.
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

dbarron22

Thanks for all y'all's suggestions. I will check all of those out and try to make a good decision. I've also been thinkin about getting a long box. I really love the sound of those too! Any suggestions on them?

Footballer

I really like Halloran's aluminum pot

HartClemson99

Copper: Spring Allure made by Ricky Padgett
"I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion" Tom Kelly, The Tenth Legion, 1973

Britton40

dreis3

Frank Kruer makes a great copper call - his boxes are top notch too!

-Derick
D. Reis Custom Calls
www.dreiscustomcalls.com

Jbird22

Just got a Mike Yingling copper pot the other day and I really like it. The sound is very authentic and will run well with an assortment of strikers. This one made the vest on day 1!

I also have a Lights Out copper that sounds good as well but it's a little picky when it comes to strikers (for me anyway).

Forgot about aluminum. I really like my Lights Out and Lonnie Mabry aluminum pots. Both of em are easy to run and sound great.

davisd9

Not a fan of metallic pots but have heard nothin but great things about Wendell Rye of Lights Out copper and aluminum pots. As already stated, I have also heard great things about Spring Allure copper. I have a spring allure crystal that I am very pleased with.

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

hunter22

I have a lot of great copper pot calls but I hunt with a Mike Yingling. Mike's copper calls sound turkey and are real easy to run, unlike some I have played. I have also killed gobblers with mine so I know they are proven in the field.

mgm1955

Quote from: hunter22 on September 24, 2014, 12:59:59 PM
I have a lot of great copper pot calls but I hunt with a Mike Yingling. Mike's copper calls sound turkey and are real easy to run, unlike some I have played. I have also killed gobblers with mine so I know they are proven in the field.
X2

reynolds243

Yingling for copper
Dawkins for aluminum