turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

changing barrels

Started by schief, March 19, 2011, 08:43:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

schief

i have a rem. 870 super mag. turkey gun. it came with a 23" vent rib barrel. i had forcing cone lengthened. i bought a 20" barrel with truglo rifle sights which shoots only 3" shells. i patterened the gun with this barrel with a rem terminator choke. gun has a FFII on it. how do you think it would change point of impact if i put the 23" barrel on and shot 3" shells. i'm shooting hevi-13 #6  :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

SR1

I would ask a gunsmith if the 3 in bbl will be ok on a super-mag reciver I know you cant inter change the 11-87 super-mag and 11-87 3 in bbls.
Death Smiles At Everyone - Marines Smile Back
Artillery Brings Dignity to What Would Otherwise Be Just A Vulgar Brawl
Happiness Is A Belt-Fed Weapon
[/url]

schief

i know you can use the 3" barrel in a super mag. you just can't shoot 3 1/2 " shells. i have already shot it with 3" barrel. i just wondering if i used the 23" barrel would it change where pattern hits. gun has a FFII.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: schief on March 19, 2011, 09:41:21 AM
i know you can use the 3" barrel in a super mag. you just can't shoot 3 1/2 " shells. i have already shot it with 3" barrel. i just wondering if i used the 23" barrel would it change where pattern hits. gun has a FFII.

The POI will more that likely change.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

schief

Quote from: allaboutshooting on March 19, 2011, 10:35:30 AM

Thanks,
Clark

that's what i thought. looking for a excuse not to go shoot again. if i don't i will all ways wonder. thanks

bowhunter84

Quote from: allaboutshooting on March 19, 2011, 10:35:30 AM

Thanks,
Clark
:agreed:

gophert

I went from a 26" to a 23" and YES it did change the POI.  I had to readjust the FF2.