Quotethey pattern amazing in my gym

You pattern your shotgun in your gym? :TooFunny:

longspur

Quote from: 3" 870 Shell Shucker on March 20, 2011, 09:39:08 AM
Quotethey pattern amazing in my gym

You pattern your shotgun in your gym? :TooFunny:
I bet thats good for the ears

decoykrvr

IMO, Bird hit the proverbial "Nail on the head".  Buying significant quantities of the same Lot #'s of any given ammunition which delivers outstanding performance in any type of firearm is the prudent thing to do.  However, I think a lot of "old" turkey hunters like myself have done just that, only to see a "newer and better" turkey load come out with performance which eclipses the  "old-best load".  I'm sitting on 10-12 boxes of the Activ 3", 21/4 oz Nickle loads, which in their day, were the best turkey loads I'd ever patterned and which accounted for a number of dead turkeys.  I then loaded up significantly on the Remington 3' and 31/2" Hevi-shot shells which amazed me.  I've shot most of my "old whites" and moved to the EM Hevi-13 gold hull with phenomenal patterning and killing results.  I didn't "rat hole" a lot of the Hevi-13, 7's, since I figured they wouldn't tinker w/ such a proven performer and I felt that it was only a matter of time before some company jumped on the TSS bandwagon w/ a factory offering.  Well, I know that I've got a huge inventory of "turkey killing" shells, but I'm just as anal as most of the folks on this site and have become entranced w/ the unbelievable performance of the new generation of factory turkey loads.

S.C.C

Stock up,IMO the factory ammo isn't going to get any better than it is now....There are people in higher places that will see to that! And I sure don't expect to see any TSS loads ever offered to the public...unless of course they only shoot just a little better than lead.I beleive those new EM 7's last year were just to good to keep selling...

bird

Quote from: decoykrvr on March 20, 2011, 01:36:42 PM
IMO, Bird hit the proverbial "Nail on the head".  Buying significant quantities of the same Lot #'s of any given ammunition which delivers outstanding performance in any type of firearm is the prudent thing to do.  However, I think a lot of "old" turkey hunters like myself have done just that, only to see a "newer and better" turkey load come out with performance which eclipses the  "old-best load".  I'm sitting on 10-12 boxes of the Activ 3", 21/4 oz Nickle loads, which in their day, were the best turkey loads I'd ever patterned and which accounted for a number of dead turkeys.

I then loaded up significantly on the Remington 3' and 31/2" Hevi-shot shells which amazed me. 

I've shot most of my "old whites" and moved to the EM Hevi-13 gold hull with phenomenal patterning and killing results.  I didn't "rat hole" a lot of the Hevi-13, 7's, since I figured they wouldn't tinker w/ such a proven performer and I felt that it was only a matter of time before some company jumped on the TSS bandwagon w/ a factory offering.  Well, I know that I've got a huge inventory of "turkey killing" shells, but I'm just as anal as most of the folks on this site and have become entranced w/ the unbelievable performance of the new generation of factory turkey loads.

I sure do remember those shells.  I too had a boat load of those shells.  In fact I gave the last box I had of those to CASH last year.  Oops, I take that back as I kept one box of the #6 just for shooting waterfowl inside the city limits here in town.

archery1

I SHOT THE 3" HEVI 13 SHELLS IN THE 6 AND 7 SHOT.
AT 40 YDS I GOT 160 SOMETHING IN A 10" CIRCLE AND WITH THE 7'S I GOT 179.. STILL THE BEST PATTERNING AMMO I HAVE CAME ACROSS AND I TRIED 5 OR 6 DIFFERENT ONES. I WILL STILL TAKE THE HEVI 13 AMMO HUNTIN AND I DIDNT SHOOT ANY LAST YEAR SO I HAVE NO OLD NUMBERS TO GO OFF OF.
Take a kid hunting