OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

hevi-13 vs. winchester extended range

Started by cgarner1, March 18, 2011, 09:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cgarner1

Gobble!

Right now I say em but I will tell you again after I pattern their new shells this weekend

FttFttVroom!

For my current setup it's the Winchesters.....but your question is very vague

shootumindaface

Ease of set up.. Em. But than again if this board spent half the time and money it did figuring EM 6s out on xtended range we could easily be the other way..

WildSpur

I have shot both in 3" #6  out of a 1300.   The H13 averaged ~20 more pellets in a 10" circle at 40 yards for me.

Cluck more, yelp less

FttFttVroom!

Quote from: shootumindaface on March 18, 2011, 11:39:24 PM
Ease of set up.. Em. But than again if this board spent half the time and money it did figuring EM 6s out on xtended range we could easily be the other way..

Very true Tom, not alot of guys on the WinXRHD boat with me

gatrkyhntr70

Quote from: FttFttVroom! on March 20, 2011, 03:04:18 PM

slide over because your going to be getting company. :icon_thumright:
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

drum817

I'm all about some Xtended's in my 835....here are some compairisons between the 3.5" Win. Xtended's and the Hevi 3.5" (both are 6's)

First the Hevi 6's......

40 yards.....

30 yards......

20 yards......

NOW THE Win. Xtended's........

40 yards........

30 yards.......

20yards....

"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

savduck

I prefer the winchesters over the H13. The H13 does throw a slightly better pattern, but they also have more pellets in the load. The winchesters seem to pack a wallop and the pattern is still awesome.

I use heavy rubber traffic cones to tape my turkey targets on. At 40 yards the Hevis rock the cone, the winchesters knock it over.
Georgia Boy

FttFttVroom!

Quote from: gatrkyhntr70 on March 20, 2011, 03:09:40 PM
Quote from: FttFttVroom! on March 20, 2011, 03:04:18 PM

slide over because your going to be getting company. :icon_thumright:
All aboard! I'm happy to have ya :icon_thumright:

StruttinGobbler3

If EM doesn't get their act together and quit screwing with good loads, I'll be an XR shooter pretty soon. Never shot it, but I imagine it will throw a killing pattern with a Supernova and IC choke.
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

VAHUNTER

as long as H13 #6's keep showing me the patterns i want . i will keep using them
Good things come to those who wait

bowhunter84

i've shot both and the HV-13 has always put a better pattern foe me

3" 870 Shell Shucker

I've shot H13 straight 5's, and HeviShot Duck 7.5's in 20 Gauge.
I've shot H13 straight 6's, and 7's in 12 Gauge.
I've got a box of the 12 Gauge Magnum Blends in my gun safe, but I haven't tried them yet.

I tried some of the original Win XRHD #5's in 12 Gauge, and the numbers were decent for 5's, but there wasn't any density in the center of the pattern.  I'd be willing to try some 7's if they made them.  The XRHD 6's cost more than H13 6's do, and for most people, don't out shoot them.

So, unless Win decides to offer #7's in XRHD, I probably won't jump ship.

Actually, out to 35 Yards, Win Sup HV Lead #5's pattern great.  Why do I even buy HTL?  For 35-40 Yards and in, HTL isn't even needed, and yet we buy it like it's absolutely necessary for killing turkeys.  We must enjoy spending our money?

archery1

totally agree with  mr.  3" 870 Shell Shucker  the hevi shot was ok at 25 and under. but the winchester loads blew them away at that range. i only saw a difference when i shot 25 and over. the hevi shot absolutly killed at 40 and 50 yards.. the winny's well they sucked to put it lightly.. i didnt but the win. xtnd range though. just suprems and high volocity ones from wally world.. i only shot the 3" shells outta my mossy 835.  if i knew i only would get a shot at a turkey 25 yds an under. i wouldnt even spend the extra money on hevi's. but as you no most of ur shots are over 25yds. so went with the hevi 3" 7's this year. hope they bring me luck. had 179 pellets in a 10" at 40 yds. with ic choke
Take a kid hunting