OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Which Nitro Load?

Started by chipper, March 18, 2011, 08:28:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chipper

What is the best #7 load to order from Nitro? I've never shot them before they will be used in a 870 sps-t and a Super x3 both shooting .665 IC. I know its probably to late in the year to get them before opening day in TN. but I'm done with EM, I still have a box of Winchester XRHD  #6 and will pattern them Saturday but Monday I will Order Nitro's.

jtg88

I used to shoot H51013a and got great results with them.  Switched to Hevi 7s last year and now I'm regretting that.

SKFOOTER

Quote from: chipper on March 18, 2011, 08:28:36 PM
What is the best #7 load to order from Nitro? I've never shot them before they will be used in a 870 sps-t and a Super x3 both shooting .665 IC. I know its probably to late in the year to get them before opening day in TN. but I'm done with EM, I still have a box of Winchester XRHD  #6 and will pattern them Saturday but Monday I will Order Nitro's.
Chipper, what part of Tennessee are you in??  There are several dealers in Tennessee that carry Nitros.

chipper

Camden about 20 miles south of Paris.

tnturkeykiller

The closest one to you is The Outdoor Store in Jackson Tn.

SKFOOTER

That's right.  Just bought some #51013A Straight 7's there this morning.  Final Flight in Union City also carries the Nitros.

gatrkyhntr70

Quote from: SKFOOTER on March 19, 2011, 11:47:09 AM
That's right.  Just bought some #51013A Straight 7's there this morning.  Final Flight in Union City also carries the Nitros.

SK, do either of these dealers ship ammo??
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

aaronward9

Quote from: gatrkyhntr70 on March 19, 2011, 02:08:46 PM
Quote from: SKFOOTER on March 19, 2011, 11:47:09 AM

SK, do either of these dealers ship ammo??

I Just called The outdoor store and they have the straight 7s in stock, but they won't take a CC# over the phone.. I didn't even get to the shipping part..

SKFOOTER

2 years ago, my SBE/Jellyhead .655/Nitro #51013A #7 (2 1/4 oz) combination was averaging 400 pellets in a 10" circle @ 40 yards.  With this years loads, I'm only averaging 250 in the same setup.  Is anyone else experiencing a reduction in their patterns with this year's Nitro #51013A Straight 7 load??