Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Friday Devotional 06/20/2014 "That's the way He rolls"

Started by BOFF, June 20, 2014, 08:42:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

Last week my father and I were in the Polaris crew cab, looking over some property. Dad was driving, and we ventured through a road we had made, but not bush hogged in a while. The grass was high and above the hood of the Polaris.

As we were slowly moving along, we came to a standing tree in the center of the road, and dad went to the right of it. Thinking to my self, that's not the road, it's to the left of the tree, I didn't say anything.

Well the front of the crew cab took a sudden drop to the right, and we started turning over on the passanger side. I braced myself against the roof of the cab, and with the good Lord's help, managed to stay inside the cab before it landed on the ground. Dad, a small soft water cooler, and a few other items ended up landing on top of me, now being on the bottom..

We assessed things, and stood up inside the cab and climbed out on top of the driver's side, and back down the undercarriage to the ground.

Making our way to higher ground, dad attempted to call a gentleman who lives on our place, and the phone was busy. Calling several more unsuccessful times, I tried, and He answered.

Later we found out his phone had been not working, with no dial tone, and he had just picked up his phone and was mashing the hang up  tab to try and get a dial tone, and I was on the phone.

In rethinking over the accident, I can see clearly how God was with us protecting us, and how serious it could have been if the Polaris had rolled on top of me or pinned some part of my body under it. I also can see how God intervened and allowed us to get in contact with the gentleman who lives on our place, even though his phone was not working before... or after we contacted him. His phone was out of service for three days after the accident!!

Scripture tells us how God rolls when it comes to Him looking over His servants.

Isaiah 41:10(NKJV)

10 Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.'

Deuteronomy 31:8(NKJV)

8 And the Lord, He is the One who goes before you. He will be with you, He will not leave you nor forsake you; do not fear nor be dismayed."

God held true to his promise of looking after dad and myself. Though the Polaris rolled towards danger, God's "roll" of looking after His servants, was evident.

In looking back in your past, what area have you noticed or realized, God was there watching after you?  Have you thanked Him or acknowledged what He has done for you?

Heavenly Father,

Thank You for another day, which none of us are promised. Thank You for loving us enough to offer Your son Jesus, to die for our sins, if we accept, and acknowledge Him as our Lord and Saviour.

Thank You for looking after us, and protecting us from things seen and unseen. Help us to be aware of Your daily presence, and focus on Your ways, and desires for our lives. May we be in tune with the Holy Spirit, and may our hearts be filled with love and compassion in sharing Your good news of Salvation, with all we come in contact with in our daily routines.

Let our mouths be filled with the Word, and may our actions be bold for You.

To You be the glory and honor. To You, may we be servants.

It is in the glorious name of Jesus, our Protector, and Provider, we ask and claim these things, Amen!!

God Bless,
David B.

SCGobbler

Glad you are both OK and thanks for the devotion!
The SC Gobbler

Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters.
                    —Archibald Rutledge