OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

thanks to Reloader

Started by VAHUNTER, March 18, 2011, 07:27:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VAHUNTER

i had a barrel to polish on a 935. the problem was i could not get the barrel off. i had tried just about everything i could think of. after talking to Ronny and going through the list of might be's and have you tried's , Ronny ask if the gun had optics. the answer was yes!!! that was the cause of the whole problem. something so simple that i never gave it a thought. the screws that held the base on was to long. they was going through the reciever and putting pressure on the barrel. this is just one reason OG is the place to be.
now the barrel has been polished. the screws have been cut down to the right length. the gun is together and ready for action :icon_thumright:

i guess eventually i would have found the problem. but Ronny made it possible to find it a lot sooner. thanks Reloader  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
Good things come to those who wait

S.C.C

Mossy517

Although I just recently started to talk to Ronny, I know he is one stand up fella to deal with!! Thanks Ronny :thanks:
HuntingPA... Lacaster, York, Perry and Centre counties

pullit

Ronny is smarter than he looks..... ;D :icon_thumright:

bowhunter84

gatrkyhntr70

Ronny is a great guy and extremely knoledgable when it comes to turkey guns,loads.
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

njdevilsb

This is a great group of guys we have around here.  I don't know of any problem or question that won't get solved or answered around here, as long as it's turkey or gun related.

chatterbox

He diagnosed my barrel problem right off, and saved me from buying a new one!
Great guy to deal with! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

hookedspur

Quote from: chatterbox on March 18, 2011, 04:15:36 PM
He diagnosed my barrel problem right off, and saved me from buying a new one!
Great guy to deal with! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

spur collector

Reloader

Glad you got her figured out VA.  Those base screws can be a problem on both rifles and shotguns at times.  The bad thing is when a fella torques his base screws not realizing they bottomed out and the base not being fully secure.  That can sure give a case of the reds... 

There's a bunch of good folks on this board. Like many of you, I tinker with this stuff all the time and learn new stuff every day. Just glad to share anything I've learned with fellow hunters and learn from you guys as well.

Ya'll have a good one, 

Season opens here tom, so I'll be chasin' em for a few days.  Didn't hear squat this morn, probably wrapped up with ladies.  Maybe I can find a dumb one or two.

Reloader

chatterbox

Quote from: Reloader on March 18, 2011, 06:44:34 PM
Glad you got her figured out VA.  Those base screws can be a problem on both rifles and shotguns at times.  The bad thing is when a fella torques his base screws not realizing they bottomed out and the base not being fully secure.  That can sure give a case of the reds... 

There's a bunch of good folks on this board. Like many of you, I tinker with this stuff all the time and learn new stuff every day. Just glad to share anything I've learned with fellow hunters and learn from you guys as well.

Ya'll have a good one, 

Season opens here tom, so I'll be chasin' em for a few days.  Didn't hear squat this morn, probably wrapped up with ladies.  Maybe I can find a dumb one or two.

Reloader
Good luck, Ronny! Hit'm hard, bud! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Reloader

Good luck, Ronny! Hit'm hard, bud! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
[/quote]

Thanks!

I got on two this eve.  They were deep, but I made it within 250yds before their last gobbles.  I slipped in the moonlight and found a nice looking spot about 80-100yds off of them, so maybe I can trick one in the morn.

Ya'll have a good one,

Reloader

chatterbox

Quote from: CamoMan4025 on March 18, 2011, 09:37:40 PM
QuoteMaybe I can find a dumb one or two.

Did somebody say they were looking for Chatterbox :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :jackson:

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

ncturkey

Them reloader guys are awesome. Your problem reminded me of when I got a scope put on a new rifle at a local gun store. When I got it home I could not work the action. The screws were to long and they were binding the action. I took it back and they fixed it. I have also had the mounting screws be too short and not hold enough threads. I had that happen with a muzzleloading rifle one time. OG has alot of good guys on here.