OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

SE Minnesota turkeys

Started by Gopherlongbeards, March 17, 2011, 10:53:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gopherlongbeards

Hello all,

New to the board, glad i found it!  looks like there's a ton of good turkey know-how to be had around here.  Was wondering if there are any veteran southeast Minnesota hunters around here who's brains i could pick for awhile.  I'll be hunting the southeast (region 346) for the first time this spring and am pretty excited about it.  Just moved to Minnesota from South Dakota this past spring and have only ever hunted in the black hills before.  Anyways, feel free to respond here or send me a PM if you like.

Jay

A lot of the Public in the SE is small, and pressured pretty heavy, so it will take a lot of scouting to find a place you feel good about. If you locate that, send me a pm and I will hunt with you ;D

ElkTurkMan

That sure is some pretty county.  I have hunted  down the River in North eastern Iowa, in Alamakee County, and it is gorgous.  Good Luck to ya, I hope you can find some ground!

mnangler

:welcomeOG:You'll be glad you found this forum!  Just keep asking questions and soak   all of the information in! Everyone on here has been very helpful and supportive.  I'm relatively close to you and hunt in 342. Lots of good country to hunt ,just keep knocking on doors and someone wil let you on, the latter seasons will also increase you odds. Send me a pm if you wish, I'd also love to pick your brain I one of these years I'm going to take that trip to the black hills and shoot a merriam.

Gopherlongbeards

Thanks for the replies guys,  sent ya a couple PM's  :)

bowhunter84

Timmer

Quote from: Gopherlongbeards on March 17, 2011, 10:53:48 PM
Hello all,

New to the board, glad i found it!  looks like there's a ton of good turkey know-how to be had around here.  Was wondering if there are any veteran southeast Minnesota hunters around here who's brains i could pick for awhile.  I'll be hunting the southeast (region 346) for the first time this spring and am pretty excited about it.  Just moved to Minnesota from South Dakota this past spring and have only ever hunted in the black hills before.  Anyways, feel free to respond here or send me a PM if you like.

Welcome!  I've hunted in SE Minnesota for over a decade.  And, coincidently I posted a message here a couple of weeks back looking for advice for my first Black Hills hunt.  We can help each other out.  Private message coming your way!
Timmer

All of the tools, some of the skills!