OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Browning Maxus and Federal heavy weight 7's

Started by swampy, March 17, 2011, 10:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swampy

Anybody got any ideas for a choke for this gun. Its my backup gun so i want to try to rig it up for the federals just to mess around with. This is an open oppurtunity to brag if you want i wana get the deal rolling since EM 7's are acting funny in my other rig.
CLUCK, YELP, BOOM.

Quax

In my gold I get 180s with the 3" fed 7s with a Hastings 660

SumToy

I think you will be happy if you go 675 with it.  We have had good luck with about any shell we have test with this set up. :anim_25:
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: SumToy on March 17, 2011, 11:01:51 PM
I think you will be happy if you go 675 with it.  We have had good luck with about any shell we have test with this set up. :anim_25:

That's what my Browning Gold shot the best with.  

allaboutshooting

Those Federal shells with the Flitecontrol Wad have done best in chokes non-ported chokes with a .670-,675 exit diameter and a 1.3" parallel section, in my experience. The #7 can be shot through tighter chokes, as many here have proven but the most consistent patterns that I've personally seen have been in the .670s. I like the Wright's for those shells.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

BigPeck215

i'd give a pure gold tempest a try, that seems to be the only premium choke designed specifically for the FCW, plus w/ pure gold u get a money back guarantee

swampy

ILIKEHEVI-13, What brand choke was 675 you shot and some numbers you got. It seems like the 160 to 190 is going average. 180 would be nice and over 200 hundred would be incredible but im more interested in a nice full patttern for kids or women that mite hunt along with me.
CLUCK, YELP, BOOM.

ILIKEHEVI-13

I was shooting the old Rem Hevi-Shot through a .675 Comp-n-Choke.  I just patterned some of these and they shot real well.  I shot more lead than I did anything back then.  That's been years ago.  I never counted the patterns but  Iwould say 180 in the 10" sounds about right.  The Comp-n-Choke is said to be sketical for being safe with these loads.  But I was just testing some of the loads I bought. 

SumToy

I have not shot the Heavy 7's.  We have shot the 4's a some 6's but all been lead and been at 30 yards.  We did it to play but they did put up good numbers to be lead at 30 yards.  The Browning is doing good with the FCW shells.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

jebs chokes

Swampy ask the boys at OCONEE BAIT AND TACKLE wath JEBs headhunter will do . We just rolled back in from shooting whit theme today turkeyhunter

SumToy

Quote from: jebs chokes on March 18, 2011, 09:10:30 PM
Swampy ask the boys at OCONEE BAIT AND TACKLE wath JEBs headhunter will do . We just rolled back in from shooting whit theme today turkeyhunter

Head Hunter choke was used for the past 1 1/2 years on the Chasin Breads N Bones TV show.  The choke and name was supplied by SUMTOY CUSTOMS.