OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What will be the hot call?

Started by wisconsinteacher, May 27, 2014, 03:42:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wisconsinteacher

It seems like every spring, there are a few hot calls.  To me the Sneed Hot Hen and Hollaran Twisted Sister have been a few of the "hot" calls as of late.  What calls will be the "hot" calls for 2015? 

I want to know soon so I can order one.

TauntoHawk

Jimmy Schaffer mad hen put together a following this year, I know I never would have thought Id find a crystal call that I would actually pull out of the vest before the twisted sister until I got the mad hen.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Spring Creek Calls

Quote from: TauntoHawk on May 27, 2014, 04:30:36 PM
Jimmy Schaffer mad hen put together a following this year, I know I never would have thought Id find a crystal call that I would actually pull out of the vest before the twisted sister until I got the mad hen.

If this call sounds better than the Twisted Sister, someone's about to make a lot of money.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

WV Ridge Reaper

Quote from: TauntoHawk on May 27, 2014, 04:30:36 PM

Interesting...Might have to try one out.

I have a twisted sister,hot hen and Sneeds green glass.

Twisted sister is the go to all the time.

REBELYELL

mspaci

callmakerman

Why worry about the next hot call when more than likely you have all the calls you need in your vest. Learn to run them correctly and what turkey talk you need to work birds to the gun. I build custom calls and still have used the same slate and boxes for the last 3 years. Why? Because they work.

wisconsinteacher

Callmakerman, I understand 100% what you are saying, but I just can't go to work and day dream about nothing.  Thinking about new hunting/fishing gear keeps me going some days. 

callmakerman

I hear you. I'm the same way with knives. Like I need any more. :TooFunny:

TauntoHawk

Quote from: callmakerman on May 28, 2014, 08:05:27 PM
Why worry about the next hot call when more than likely you have all the calls you need in your vest. Learn to run them correctly and what turkey talk you need to work birds to the gun. I build custom calls and still have used the same slate and boxes for the last 3 years. Why? Because they work.

I'm sure there are more than a few guys around here that could go to the woods with a single mouth call and maybe one friction call and still call up birds more days than not into gun range. Collecting calls is like patterning our guns it's only a tiny part about preparation and mostly about extending our "season" of fun and obsession.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

mudhen

Need has nothing to do with anything for me...

I can buy meat at the store...

I am really hooked on ceramic from Light's Out for 2014 and beyond...

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka