turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hevi question?

Started by Cutt, March 17, 2011, 09:13:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cutt

Well right when I decide to buy some Hevi and pattern in my new gun after all the impressive patterns, they all the sudden do not put up the numbers they once did?

So my question, with an order of Hevi coming, I'm considering just selling them and going with another load ? Would you go this route, if you have never used them? One of my issues with a load was one that would be consistant from year to year after patterning, are the Hevi that inconsistent? Should I not even get started with them and look for another load, and if so what? Thanks

Gobble!

I would use them. They will still pattern just as good as everything else other then Nitros and you wont get those till June

drum817

YEP....I'd shoot a couple and see what ya get....I'd like to know  :icon_thumright:
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

bowhunter84

Quote from: Gobble! on March 17, 2011, 09:34:21 PM
I would use them. They will still pattern just as good as everything else other then Nitros and you wont get those till June
:agreed:

BrowningGuy88

I have two boxes of 3-2-7 that will be here today. I am going to pattern two from each box at forty tomorrow. That will leave me 6 for the season and since I limit out at 5 turkeys, that is enough. I really hope I can see a 30% increase over my 3-1 3/4-6 lead loads at 40. I will shoot lead in the thick woods and H13 in the open places if I have time to swap --- else it will be H13.

Daman

archery1

I SHOT THE NEW HEVI 13 LOADS IN 6 AND 7 SHOT. AT 40 YDS I GOT 179 IN A 10 WITH THE 7 AND 160 SOMETHIN WITH THE 6 .THEY WERE BOTH 3" SHELLS AND LASER YARDAGES. I SHOOT THE MOSSY 835 AND A INDIAN CREEK CHOKE
Take a kid hunting

S.C.C

Quote from: archery1 on March 18, 2011, 01:57:48 PM
I SHOT THE NEW HEVI 13 LOADS IN 6 AND 7 SHOT. AT 40 YDS I GOT 179 IN A 10 WITH THE 7 AND 160 SOMETHIN WITH THE 6 .THEY WERE BOTH 3" SHELLS AND LASER YARDAGES. I SHOOT THE MOSSY 835 AND A INDIAN CREEK CHOKE
Believe I'd go with the 6's..... :icon_thumright:

goblr77

Quote from: slickyboyboo on March 18, 2011, 02:17:26 PM
You could always switch to the Mag Blend, they seem to be the only load EM makes, that is consistent from last year.

If I happen to run out of last year's 7's that might be what I will do. I'm seriously contemplating Nitros for next season though.

WyoHunter

I'll bet they'll still do a good job on killing a gobbler! Although those high numbers are impressive I think some of us worry too much about what they do on paper and not what they do on a turkey. I'll be shooting H-13 as long as I can get them.  :icon_thumright:
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

hookedspur

Quote from: Gobble! on March 17, 2011, 09:34:21 PM
:agreed:  :agreed:  :agreed:  :agreed:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

trkehunr93

Quote from: WyoHunter on March 18, 2011, 03:29:32 PM
I'll bet they'll still do a good job on killing a gobbler! Although those high numbers are impressive I think some of us worry too much about what they do on paper and not what they do on a turkey. I'll be shooting H-13 as long as I can get them.  :icon_thumright:

:agreed:

the boxes  of 3.5" 6's and 7's I ordered from Dunn's and Macks Prairie Wing have shot well in my 835.  I sometimes think we are trying to turn our shotguns into the "r" word with how far they will shoot and the amount of shot in a 10 inch circle.  If your getting 150 to 200 hits quit, you will kill a turkey stone dead.  If you average over 200 hits awesome! But again quit you have found your combo go kill a turkey.