turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

2.5" Cocobolo Pot Kit

Started by fastford04, May 26, 2014, 09:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fastford04

So I got adventurous an ordered a 2.5" cocobolo pot call kit off eBay. An I got it today an I think I'd rather have it a copper call. Maybe I don't I can't decide.

Anyways idk where to start or the first thing about puttin one of these together can anyone throw any tips or pointers at me where to start?

An if I decide to do a copper pot where I can get the copper piece at?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from Tiny's iPhone using Tapatalk

mastevt

start out by sanding and finishing your pot, and striker.  I use a strip of masking tape, and tape off the striker tip.  As for finish, you have lots to choose from.  I use Polyacrylic.  It's easy to spray on with a small air gun, and clean up is easy.  I put 3 to 4 coats on.  Sand inbetween coats with 400.  Let dry and cure for a couple days, and then glue up.  Start with the soundboard, and glue it with plumbers goop.  set aside and put a can of soup on it for a weight.  After a day, glue in the surface.  again use a can of soup.   Now I use a sharp knife on the glueing surface, and scrap it clean.  Others may not.  You can pick up oral syringes from your local drug store pharmacy for little to nothing.  Put glue in it, and apply around the land and set the surface.  Hope this helps.  Scott.

wisconsinteacher

You can put the glue in a small plastic bag and cut the tip off so you can glue the slate in.  Kind of like when you frost a cake.