turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

rio magnum 5075

Started by howl, May 25, 2014, 08:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

howl

It is (or was, not sure) a 3" shell with 1 3/4oz #7.5s. Anyone have experience with the load? I'd have ordered already, but the only online source is Natchez. They won't ship to GA.

Longshanks

Dunno about that load but Rio are some of the best dove loads around and hot shells. A 1 3/4 load could be business but do you have any more info on the shell?

howl

"Rio Magnum Game Load Shotshells M5075, 12 Gauge, 3", 1-3/4 oz, 1260 fps, #7.5 Shot, 25 Rd/bx"

Not on the Rio web site so it may have been discontinued.

surehuntsalot

first I've heard of them
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

howl

Might be why they're not listed by Rio anymore. Wonder if they know to market to turkey hunters? Anyhow, I'd have to have them shipped to someone out of state, then etc., etc. Pellet count isn't enough higher than Hevi 7s for me to bother.

ccleroy

I've shot them, they are the best dove shells I've ever shot.

BandedSpur

Don't know anything about them, but if they are not marketed to turkey hunters, they are very unlikely to contain buffer. An unbuffered lead load that heavy is not likely to pattern tightly at all. But, they would likely be devasting inside 30 yds. But, so is a heavy trap load of 7.5s, and with very little recoil. This target shot at 30.

Longshanks

Rios aren't cheap either. Might be better off buying a box of 10 of Winchester Pb turkey loads in a local store so they don't have to be shipped. Expensive gig to order a box of 25/rios through the mail. You can get a box of 10 of win super x 1 7/8 6's for 9.99 locally and be good to go.

Jbird22

Quote from: Longshanks on June 01, 2014, 07:23:43 PM
Rios aren't cheap either. Might be better off buying a box of 10 of Winchester Pb turkey loads in a local store so they don't have to be shipped. Expensive gig to order a box of 25/rios through the mail. You can get a box of 10 of win super x 1 7/8 6's for 9.99 locally and be good to go.
Rios are actually very reasonable when compared to the other big ammo manufacturers. That's why I started shooting them several years ago. I've found you can get high powered Rios cheaper than any other high powered shell. I'm glad my local Academy started carrying them last year. The particular ammo he's talking about is listed at $14 per 25 on Natchezss.com but you're right that shipping would eat you alive from there!