turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

12 V/S 20 something to think about

Started by SumToy, March 17, 2011, 08:35:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SumToy

Ok had a customer call me today.  His mom hunts with him and don't like the kick.  Cant get him to go to a 20 ga.  So he got some HV-13  23/4-11/4-7's.  Said they was duck loads.    He shot them today and got 191 in a 10 inch circle at 40 yards.   That is big numbers for that load I think.  Then it got me to thinking that the 20 ga is bad.  We all are looking at the 20 and think the numbers are low but when you put the 11/4 in the 12 it not that much better.   

What yall think about this.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Skeeterbait

I think the pattern board does not tell the whole story.  Even when loaded with the same shot load I prefer the 12.  The increased diameter makes for a shorter shot load and a shorter shot string in flight.  Not as important when shooting at a stationary target but makes a big difference when pass shooting at moving targets.  I also think the shorter shot column and larger choke diameter means less pellet deformation with lead shot anyway, making it easier to find a good load/choke combo in the 12.