OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What gun should my dad get

Started by 20ga.turkeyshooter, May 22, 2014, 05:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

20ga.turkeyshooter

My dad recently got a raise and is getting a new shotgun he wants a good shotgun his budget is 2000 dollars which I think is crazy but whatever he's looked at browning maxus, benelli sbe 2, super Vinci,beretta a400 and a bunch others but what gun would u recommend for a turkey slayer a dove shooter and a clay pigeon killer

CrustyRusty

Benelli m2 20 gauge and a mossberg 835 as a dedicated Turkey gun.  The m2 can be used for everything you list, and the 835 can be used as big medicine for turkey. :drool:  I know it's not exactly what you asked, but this will cover any hunting situation.

If he only wants one, then the maxus or sbe2.

2much2loud

All the guns you list are good choices ... I have the SBE 2 and from experience that gun will do everything and is simple to take care of.... Few moving parts build very well... Like I said any of those guns will work but I like the benelli's

mikejd

What ever gun feels the best in your dads hands. Obviously quality is not an issue as he has quite a budget so I suggest shouldering them all. He will know which one is best.

forcercon1

I am blessed to own all the guns named, except the Vinci. If I had to choose from that selection, I would go with the A400 Xtreme. The gun fits me well, the POA-POI is true and it's been dependable (the others have as well).

allaboutshooting

Quote from: 20ga.turkeyshooter on May 22, 2014, 05:00:06 PM
My dad recently got a raise and is getting a new shotgun he wants a good shotgun his budget is 2000 dollars which I think is crazy but whatever he's looked at browning maxus, benelli sbe 2, super Vinci,beretta a400 and a bunch others but what gun would u recommend for a turkey slayer a dove shooter and a clay pigeon killer

There is not a bad choice the group that you've mentioned. Of those however, I'd choose the Vinci (over the Super Vinci). It will do everything that's necessary for all those sports.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Gooserbat

Of those I'd opt for a Benelli, but, my way of thinking is just buy a 3.5" 870, and use the other $1500 towards a Florida hunt.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

tomstopper

Quote from: Gooserbat on May 23, 2014, 06:38:46 PM
Of those I'd opt for a Benelli, but, my way of thinking is just buy a 3.5" 870, and use the other $1500 towards a Florida hunt.
I agree with you way of thinking.......

the Ward

Quote from: tomstopper on May 23, 2014, 07:01:25 PM
Quote from: Gooserbat on May 23, 2014, 06:38:46 PM
I agree with you way of thinking.......
LoL!!   :icon_thumright: