turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Lonnie Sneed Update

Started by hunter22, May 16, 2014, 08:05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunter22

I talked to Lonnie this morning and you will never guess what he was doing????........ He was cleaning a gobbler. #2 for him this spring. He will be 77 in a month or so and still putting the hammer down on them. Whether you buy a call from him or not, do yourself a favor and call him sometime. The man has more turkey stories and turkey killing knowledge than anyone I know. He was killing turkeys back in the 1940's. He is truly a classic. 

drenalinld

Spring Fever

You are definitely right. I called him about 2 weeks ago and he was cleaning gobbler #1. A true turkey hunter and he!! of a guy. I told him he needs to right a book. You feel like you should pay him just for the good conversation when your done. Would love to make a hunt with him.

REBELYELL

I believe Lonnie Sneed and Lonnie Mabry were cut from the same cloth. I love talking turkey with both of those legends and they can both share some good hunting stories with you, just make sure you don't have anything to do right away when you call either of them.

Triple B

Quote from: hunter22 on May 16, 2014, 08:05:16 PM
I talked to Lonnie this morning and you will never guess what he was doing????........ He was cleaning a gobbler. #2 for him this spring. He will be 77 in a month or so and still putting the hammer down on them. Whether you buy a call from him or not, do yourself a favor and call him sometime. The man has more turkey stories and turkey killing knowledge than anyone I know. He was killing turkeys back in the 1940's. He is truly a classic.
I talk with him on a regular basis,and what a joy he is.When you get a call from Lonnie. you are also getting a bit of turkey hunting history with it.

Triple B

Quote from: REBELYELL on May 16, 2014, 11:54:32 PM
I believe Lonnie Sneed and Lonny Mabry were cut from the same cloth. I love talking turkey with both of those legends and they can both share some good hunting stories with you, just make sure you don't have anything to do right away when you call either of them.
How right you are,they are both wonderful people and a wealth of knowledge to boot.

captin_hook

Lonnie is one my favorite people to chat with, I'm due to give him a ring.

outdoors

THATS.      A W E S O M E    :mycross:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

boatpaddle

Rickey,

Lonnie Sneed is a turkey killin machine....Make no mistake about that...

All those years of experience, hunting & call making & we get to reap the harvest with buying his awesome calls & those LONG phone calls.....LOL !!

I have a world of respect for Lonnie....One fine man for sure.... :icon_thumright:
Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

Triple B

Quote from: hunter22 on May 16, 2014, 08:05:16 PM
His birthday is Tuesday May 20th.77 years old and still going strong.

memert116

Hard to add anything better to all the good things said about Lonnie besides; I couldn't agree more!!  I've bought a few calls from him and they are all turkey and he is an amazing guy and a true gentleman.  Happy Birthday Lonnie!!!

goblr77

Glad to see Mr. Sneed is still taking them out. :OGturkeyhead: