turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Whats your thoughts on a BPS?

Started by TheSportsman, February 08, 2011, 06:36:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSportsman

Going from a 12ga to a 10ga, whats the main difference? Im considering one.

frank1969

not much in the pellet count its the power that the ten has over the 12 i own 5 sp10s and will hunt with one till i cant pick it up and they r a littel heavy

TheSportsman

What do u mean the power??? Of course more recoil, but do you mean velocity? What do u mean?

maustypsu

I love my BPS but didn't buy it for performance.  You can kill these things with a bow if you want to.  I just didn't have a 10 ga and wanted one.

It's heavy but a great gun in both design and function.  I have carried it on opening day since I bought it.  But after that I go with my 6 pound Encore single shot 12.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

paladin

I bought a bps and thought it was heavy, It seemed alot lighter when I came back from the range.
281 pellets in 10" will make it worthwhile for me.
"have gun-will travel"

I hate turkeys

Love mine, you know when a 10 goes off. Take a 3 1/2" 12 and a 10 to the range have a friend shoot them while you back off a 100 or so yards you'll understand.
"There is no such thing as to much gun"
Elmier Keith

shootumindaface

Quote from: TheSportsman on February 08, 2011, 08:10:18 PM
What do u mean the power??? Of course more recoil, but do you mean velocity? What do u mean?
X2 their is no "power difference"...

A pellet of equal density and weight launched at equal speed has the same "power" whether from a 410 or a 8 gauge.. The 10 gauge has been underloaded for years and thus the "power" of the capabilities have never been realized.. Well unless your shooting Nitros

gobbler74

Myself and a Zeke doubled twice last year a week apart with 10 guages and H-210's. My cousin swore both times it was rumbling thunder from a storm..Ahhhh..nothing like the sweet smell of gunpowder in the morning! 
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

Basser69

Shoot the mighty 10 and you will never go back  :z-guntootsmiley:

Old Gobbler

Look at it this way , Nitro ammo company ,the owner hunts turkeys ,with a Ithaca MAG10
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Mag10

Basser69

Quote from: Old Gobbler on February 11, 2011, 11:01:24 PM

Look at it this way , Nitro ammo company ,the owner hunts turkeys ,with a Ithaca MAG10

That should tell you something right there  :icon_thumright:

gobbler74

Quote from: TheSportsman on February 08, 2011, 06:36:54 PM
Going from a 12ga to a 10ga, whats the main difference? Im considering one.

One would be the weight of the gun..not for the "weak of back"  just an honest point.
The receiver feels like a 20 by itself. 
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

BigMedicine

Quote from: Old Gobbler on February 11, 2011, 11:01:24 PM

That tells you something  :icon_thumright: