Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Man cant shake the bad luck this year

Started by savduck, May 10, 2014, 09:00:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

savduck

Today may have just been it for me, if the rain moves in tomorrow. Once again, I was on birds and had one coming and the curse reared up. I got to hunt with my good buddy Jbrown, again. Its become our tradition the last 4 years or so that I end the season hunting his family farm with him the last couple weekends of our season. Im blessed to be invited and enjoy time with my friend. I look forward to our hunt every year.

Anyway we heard about 10 birds off the roost this morning and had one within 100 yards. He was gobbling and taking his time coming, but was working his way to us. Out of no where a pack of coyotes starts yipping and howling right on top of us and every bird on that farm shut down. I even got to sneak in Jims honey hole and work one around 2. He gobbled 7 times for me but never really committed, worked the other way the whole time.

Heck Ive actually had an awesome season considering I didn't drop one. Hate to see it go, but to be honest Im pretty worn out. Jim thanks again, enjoy it as always.
Georgia Boy

jbrown

I enjoyed todays hunt more than you know! I also look forward to you comin up every year. I've had such high hopes these past 2 hunts, we did everything the right way, I guess this means there will be more gobblers for next year!! Today we heard 10 at the farm and 1 more here at the pet spot, last hunt I think we heard 9 or 10 gobblers, so we'll have a bunch for next season! Well, I think its time for us to take up redbreast fishin with the boys, catch'em and cook'em on the bank, I'm lookin forward to it old buddy! Tell Jackson to get his hook sharp!

savduck

Jackson is ready to go, been asking about going fishing. He was fired up about the box turtle. Since it scares so easy, it got named "spook"
Georgia Boy