OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

My new toy

Started by Onpoint, May 15, 2014, 01:58:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onpoint

This should be here by Saturday. Brian Mero just finished up my first trumpet. I'm on MKW's waiting list too, but that's still gonna be a while. I know it's gonna tske a while to learn this thing but I really think I will hsve it down by next spring. My goal is to be able to kill a fall gobbler with it. I practice my calls everyday, even in the off season. I hope i catch on pretty quick.  If it's anything like my learning went with thr mouth csll it'll take a while. I started using a mouth call when I was about 6. Tried it for a couple years and I never could get the 2 note yelp, finally one day it clicked. It was like someone flipping a light switch, went from bad to good just like that. I just hope this ain't one of them things like the mouth call where it took me a couple years to get it. Just thought I'd share with yall.  I'm excited about it. Wish it was already here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

DirtNap647

good lookin call good luck with it

wisconsinteacher

Great call from a great maker.  I am guessing you will be making turkey sounds sooner than you think.  You know the sounds you are looking for and that helps a lot.  Work on making soft calls.  I practiced in the house and it was great but when I got outside, I found out I was calling really loud.  Look up videos and YouTube clips for help. 

Good luck

mspaci

whats the wood?  I have that one in Coco & like it. Mike

dreis3

Very nice!  Brian makes a great yelper; I'm particularly fond of them.  I have 8 of them and one more in the process... 
D. Reis Custom Calls
www.dreiscustomcalls.com

davisd9

How long in MKW's waiting list?  Been thinking about ordering another from him.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

mikejd

Good looking call. They are not as hard to run as you would think. I picked up my first 2 this spring.
Good luck with the new call.

Bigspurs68

Momma said "Kill that turkey"

Onpoint

Thanks everybody.  Cant wait to get it.
MKW has a 3-4 month wait on his calls right now.
This mero trumpet is a cocobola or however you spell it. Haven't talked with MKW about wood yet. I'd like to get it in African black wood or ebony.

davisd9

I am considering an African or Malaysian Blackwood, Snakewood, or Olivewood. Have to speak with him on if he has any and his opinion on it. 3-4 months is well worth the wait for one of Mr. Mike's trumpets.

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

dfresh55

looks great....what the hell is it lol?