OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Now is the time

Started by shootumindaface, March 17, 2011, 09:24:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stinkpickle

shootumindaface

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on March 17, 2011, 01:34:40 PM
I'm on the phone with them now.  I will try to get an email address. 
Oh great we got all the great minds here and we send ILIKEHEVI-13 to call them :begging:

:TooFunny: :TooFunny:

Gobble!

Quote from: shootumindaface on March 17, 2011, 01:38:25 PM
Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on March 17, 2011, 01:34:40 PM
I'm on the phone with them now.  I will try to get an email address. 
Oh great we got all the great minds here and we send ILIKEHEVI-13 to call them :begging:

:TooFunny: :TooFunny:

yea im sure this is going to work out well  :TooFunny:

ILIKEHEVI-13

Funny Thomas!  

Ok here we go.  I spoke to Pat on the phone.  I told her I was tired of getting the run around of people who aren't picking up the phone.  So I talked to her and told her our delimma.  She said to forward the email to her and she would forward it to a product manager.  

plewis@olin.com

ILIKEHEVI-13

Now would you guys like a soda or doughnuts to go along with this request?   :toothy12:

ILIKEHEVI-13

So I did the calling.  Tom you can do the emailing.  I'm sending you my name and address.  

shootumindaface

Are we better off with a formal email or have everyone email the person..

Gobble!

I feel a formal email with our names and contact information would be best

Reloader

Don't want to rain on the parade and glad to see ya'll trying, but feel you'll be let down.

They have to think about who their market is, what % of their business it is, how much it will cost to test/manufacture, cost of advertising, etc etc

It would cost them a ton and the market is just not there.  Turkey hunters make up a small portion of their sales and a very small portion of that market would actually shoot #7s.  The majority of turkey hunters feel 7s are way too small.

Worth a try, but I feel it wont go anywhere.

EM was easier to get on board with smaller shot sizes because turkey ammo is a larger portion of their profit compared to the larger ammo companies.  Look at Remington, their HD turkey loads were a flop and you can tell they just aren't very interested in changing it.

Also, if Win XR is running $45+ per box, I would imagine 7s would run more(especially if they go to larger payloads). I don't see many folks jumping at $6 shells.

Reloader

sugarray

Great job.  Really added more to make it more effective.  I'm not too good at writing, but wanted to get something up to build on.

So now we have it, copy and paste it to your email and send it in.  ILH has an email posted.

gatrkyhntr70

Quote from: slickyboyboo on March 18, 2011, 10:31:08 AM
Came across this in a round about way. Can't hurt.

Brett Flaugher
Vice President of Sales and Marketing
+1.618.258.2000 x3596
bflaugher@olin.com

Olin Corporation
190 Carondelet Plz
Saint Louis, MO 63105-3443
USA

Your the man slicky! :you_rock:
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-