turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Now is the time

Started by shootumindaface, March 17, 2011, 09:24:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shootumindaface

Seeings that everyone is all fired up and pizzed off at EM right now.. Now is the time for everyone collectively to pester Winchester about releasing their Extended range in a #7 loading for 2012.. It was members of this board that took the same needs to EM and got this accomplished..

One has got to think that these board(s) and its members account for getting these loads to sell and still account for a huge percentage of these shells sales.. Not just amongst us, but thru lurkers and recommendations to friends..

I have stated this on here before.. IN a #6 shotshell the wins are capable of putting up numbers as good as a hevi shot #6.. The problem lies in the fact that we all jumped on the hevi shot band wagon and collectively figured them shells out.. If more members would have spent time with the Wins there is no doubt we would have seen results across the board that would be close to the Hevi results..

So what would we get with a Winchester 7, who knows.. We may get no better patterns than what we are getting with the newer 7s.. We will get however a load that is consistent year to year as to the best of my knowledge their has only been one change to the xtended range load.. Another thing we will get is a softer pellet, not soft as lead but softer indeed and may allow some added confidence in the fact their choke wont break..

Winchesters loads are also faster... But some may also want them to up their payload.. These efforts are usually best in a "blitzkrieg" mentality when ya hit them fast and fill their mailbox..

You can all choose to fight and argue amongst yourselves or you can choose to get something done

Jay Longhauser

I would be thrilled to see Winchester Extended range offered in 7's!

shootumindaface

We need to get an email for someone in R and D or someone higher up.. Heck we need to just blanket every email addy we find..

shootumindaface

Quote from: el diablo on March 17, 2011, 09:46:31 AM
Would it be easier to try and get federal to ditch the FCW?  The heavyweights would be the bee's knees without the FCW. I would be more excited about that than the winchester 7's.
Thats another option.. But the problem lies in the fact that the FCW is a huge marketing Gimmick.. If they ditched it they would have to eat crow and live up to the fact it was never really as good as stated..

anthonyjhallen

I am in.  The squeeky wheels gets the grease.

Whos got a email address?

buck_hunter21

I'm willing to do my part.
Spill Blood

anthonyjhallen

I just sent one to Hornady also.  We shall see....

shootumindaface

Can you post up the email addresses

sugarray

How bout,

Hello,

I am writing to make a helpful suggestion.  Fellow turkey hunters and I have been following the heavier than lead shot offerings are are really pleased with the Xtended Range load offerings.  We feel however, that your payloads are light when compared to other offerings and do not offer the smaller shot sizes, i.e. #7 shot.  I would like to see a 3 inch 2 oz load offered in #6 and #7 shot as well as a 3.5 inch 2 1/4 oz load of #6 and #7 shot.  This would greatly improve our turkey killing patterns and down range efficiency.  These loads would make you more competitive in the current market.

Sincerely,

_______________________ name
_______________________ address
_______________________ city, state, zip
_______________________ email

Make changes and suggestions and we'll try to find an email to get it too.

ILIKEHEVI-13

I couldn't find an email address to Winchester.  I did however find a phone number there at their website. 

Firearm Information: If your question hasn't been answered in the Frequently Asked Questions and it is a question about manuals, catalogs, & products please call our Consumer Department directly at: 800.333.3288 or 801.876.2711 & for Parts & Service call: 800.322.4626

ILIKEHEVI-13

I just called the first number I listed and it said if you have questions about WInchester ammo to call 1-800-356-2666.  I'm gonna give them a call.  This will work as good as an email if enough folks will do it and tell them we want 7's. 

shootumindaface

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on March 17, 2011, 01:25:36 PM
I just called the first number I listed and it said if you have questions about WInchester ammo to call 1-800-356-2666.  I'm gonna give them a call.  This will work as good as an email if enough folks will do it and tell them we want 7's. 
Get an email address

ILIKEHEVI-13

I just called and left a message about what we our wanting.  I left my number.  The recording said they would contact me in one business day. 

They aren't giving out an email address that I have seen. 

shootumindaface

Well we need one.. If just one of the brains behind this would sit and look at the reloading section as well as what is going on with Chokes and various loads, I think they would be suprised..

ILIKEHEVI-13

I'm on the phone with them now.  I will try to get an email address.