turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Who hunting PA and how you doing???

Started by upstate, May 06, 2014, 09:53:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

upstate

Hunting PA   Birds   and how you doing???

WildTigerTrout

It was quiet for the first couple of days for me. The birds are henned up. I fooled them and called in the big boy's girlfriend this morning and he followed her like lovestruck males are known to do. She is looking for a new boyfriend now. He is starring in my new avatar photo. LOL. :funnyturkey:
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

upstate

upstate

I just like to hear them.   it will get better in a week or two.. hens have to nest up. and then we will get more action......

bowmike

Had some good action so far. Got on a few long beards but all but one ended up with hens. 2 were with my 9 year old nephew. I really want to get him his first bird.

Mondays hunt was awesome. Had him in the scope at 40 but wanted a closer shot. The hunt was amazing and I didn't want to end it on a far shot. I had to move on the bird 4 times.

Seems very quiet and I think the hens are really keeping them from talking. Give it about a week and a half and we will have some awesome hunting.

upstate

:turkey2: I could have not said it any better..    nice job

Grunt-N-Gobble

Shot this guy 1st day @ 7:20am.  Had a total of 3 long beards come into my setup along with 2 hens.

Still have my 2nd tag to fill.

DirtNap647

congrats guys been pretty slow for me light gobbling on limb then quiet

ssettle

Been hunting for 5 day hearing birds but nothing close. Seemed to be henned up pretty tight everywhere I've been.

Eman89so

I'm not having much luck in SW Pa.. I have the primos owl hooter I had to of blown through that thing over a hundred times since I bought it a couple years ago and I don't know if I ever had a turkey gobble to it lol

My dad brother and sister all got birds though so my family has had a successful season so far. Im trying to get my girlfiend her first bird. Sat tonight but didn't hear anything. Suppose to be raining tomorrow

WildSpur

So far I am experiencing henned up gobblers.   Hopefully this week that changes!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

Cutt

Managed to take a PA bird on the 7th, and only been out 1 time since. That was the 9th, heard a little tree gobbling, closed the gap, and ended up hearing more hen yelps than gobbles.

tomstopper

Went out yesterday and heard a pair of gobbles and a single gobble. Managed to work the pair into about 60 yards where they were strutting on an old logging road. As I was trying to get them closer, some moron heard all the comotion and decided to stalk them and take a shot at them. Thank goodness he missed... I will be back after them on Thursday.

upstate

::) no weekend hunting to much BS going on..    week days.............. :funnyturkey: seams we are all going threw the same thing don't you think???

upstate

:you_rock:what a nice bird  I'm happy for your son..   good job :drool:  thats  better then you shooting one :newmascot: