OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Wow Wow Wow

Started by xarcher, May 06, 2014, 09:02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xarcher

Mr. Hooter. People overuse the word trophy bird all the time. And then there are birds that words just can not describe. That bird is equal to any 2 birds otherwise. Let's hope the team can get 8 others on the board because you singlehandedly carried the team to the gold medal. We are not worthy.

Guns don't kill people.  Guns kill food.

Hooter

Thanks for the compliment Archer. I've been very lucky to have so many days to hunt in several states. Only have a few days left to hunt, and a tag or two left.
Forgot about GA.  I'm running a 69" avg with the 9 so far.
Thats probably gonna do it for me. Taking Wifie this weekend, so she can try to get her second Longbeard of the season.
It would have been great if we could have filled all the spots, but don't think it would have mattered. Those AL boys are untouchable!! They are in a league by themselves!!!  Looks like my Buddy Red, with the Crusaders are having a great year as well!

I really enjoyed being on this team with all you guy's.
Fullchoke, Gophert, and the rest,... ya'll are some of the classiest gentlemen I have had the chance to deal with!!!
:thanks: :gobble:

UPDATE,  As of yesterdays 65", my Avg is now 70.53

xarcher

You are right about Alabama. I didn't see that 117 til now. And since they all get 5 birds in their home state, they should never have to enter a bird under 60.  I am lucky to be working in SC this spring before hunting at home in PA. Next year I might be back to 1 bird limit. You take care. Cool to see you and the Mrs. chasing turkeys. My better half only started after we were married for 30 years. Her first kill was the classic gobble/strut/gobble/strut show. She is hooked as they say. Who wouldn't be.

Guns don't kill people.  Guns kill food.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

mightyjoeyoung

Did you have it NWTF scored?  That birds is easilly a top 20, maybe a tad higher.  We had a bird from AL in my old store killed by a friend of the owner and it was at one time the state record.  Absolutely giant bird...  way to go!!
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.