OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Help my yelp!

Started by Terry, May 05, 2014, 07:25:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OHTKYHNTR89

Try a 2 reed set back batwing call. It has a nice high end front note with raspy back end yelps. Message me I make my own calls. If you want to try this call I will send you a couple to try. This is my favorite call for clucks n purrs and plain yelping.  You can also cut on this call.

Tatr

Quote from: Terry on May 06, 2014, 09:51:03 AM
I think until I get better I need to find an extremely easy to blow call. I am struggling to get a high clear front note. It takes a ton of air.

Quacker boy old boss hen. Not my favorite call by any means but the front end is easily found.

Terry

I am missing something. I am getting the high front note, but i just can't get it to transition to a good back note. Really frustrating!

Terry

jblackburn

Quote from: Terry on May 06, 2014, 07:56:12 PM
Latest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWPYMyJC4oM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

not sure which call you've got in, but that has back end rasp.  sounds decent to me.

Otherwise try dropping your jaw in different ways
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

jblackburn

Are you able to get the backend with the Gooserbat Bacon?
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Terry

That last clip was a Woodhaven Copperhead. I can get a decent front end with the Bacon, but it takes so much pressure that it's a lot harder to get a good yelp.

Houndstooth Game Calls

Try the Tom Bomb I garuntee you will get what your looking for.. Doesn't matter wich side of the call air hits it.. What I am hearing in your tone is the problem I hear with a lot of people not so much tone but there yelp is like saying the word chick or pick kinda popping the lips as a cluck would be. Instead of rolling smoothly out the note. What your doing will kill the stew out of a turkey anywhere though..

Terry

Can you get one in the mail today? Priority mail?

Jbird22

Click the link at the bottom of his post and give him a call. That would probably be your best bet. Lyle is very helpful and great to do business with!

Houndstooth Game Calls

Terry I am fixing to pick up my son and run son errands, but I could put it in the mail first thing in the AM..

Terry

No problem. I put an order in. Looking forward to receiving it.

Terry

As far as the "chick" sound, I will work on that as well. I am starting to control the sound more with air pressure and tongue and less with my jaw. This seems to give me a better sound.

Houndstooth Game Calls

I got the order and thank you I will mail it in the morning.. I control my yelp by totally tounge pressure and air pressure.. My jaw moves very little running a vcutt, combo, or bat wing..When I run a ghost my jaw moves a lot creating a pushy type yelp as I see it. Everyone's different it's easier to show than type..lol

Terry

This is the latest. I am getting a flat clean sound, I just need to add more of a back end. Gooserbat Bacon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8DGrtOG-qc&feature=youtube_gdata_player