Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Carrying diaphragm calls in the field (call caddy)?

Started by Marc, May 04, 2014, 07:14:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc

I like to carry a bunch of calls when I am hunting, and I like something accessible that is easy to organize...

I had a call caddy with 5 pouches that I lost, and have since gone to the only other one I know which is H.S. Strut (which only has 4 pockets):

Always around my neck and accessible...  Not that I should, but I am stuffing two calls into the same pouch.

Do any of you boys have any little tips on carrying your diaphragm calls so that they are readily accessible?  Anyone else make a similar if not larger call caddy than H.S. Strut?
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

2eagles

Terry

I use an old Grizzly chew can with 1/8" holes drilled in the lid.

Marc

The chew can would be a good idea...  I quit chewing, and I think that might drive me crazy...

Here is another call caddy that looks like it might be interesting from Primos:

Primos Hook Hunter Mouth Call Case

The Hook Hunter™ Mouth Call Case is a versatile way to store up to 8 mouth calls. You can wear it around your neck or strap it to your leg for easy access. Comes in Mossy Oak™ Break-Up Infinity camo pattern.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

nyhunter

I use a small plastic box with  divider's I got it in the fishing section.  it has 4 spots in it that will  carry 4 calls in each spot

TauntoHawk

Quote from: Terry on May 11, 2014, 07:14:58 AM
I use an old Grizzly chew can with 1/8" holes drilled in the lid.

I take a chew can, then cut a small piece of sponge to fit in the bottom soak that sponge in a little no dye/no alcohol mouth wash. Keeps the calls clean and fresh. Reeds wont stick together, call wont taste like yesterdays coffee I've used all types of call cases. I can two cans with 3 calls each
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

howl

I use to use one of those little neck wallets. Now, I just fold up a napkin and stick it in the plastic shell the calls come in and put one call on each side. I only carry two calls, though. All I can remember how to run properly.

DirtNap647

Bigspurs68

I keep one in my mouth basically all the time. The few others that I take are in mesh pockets on my vest.
Momma said "Kill that turkey"

WV Ridge Reaper

I use a skoal can with holes drilled in it..I have 9 packed in it.

eddie234

I have the h s strut one like you, four calls are plenty for me. I'd be careful about keeping your calls moist all the time, I've been told by some call makers that's not good for the latex.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

wibirdhunter

I keep 1 or 2 calls in my wallet year round and move my wallet to a front chest pocket on my shirt when I setup on a bird.

TRKYHTR

RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

R AJ

I use what I refer to as a coin case, the flat rubber type with the slit in it . You mash it from both ends to open. Calls do not rattle.

Tail Feathers

I've used the Primos for years.  The old style, one pocket that holds at least 7 or 8 calls around my neck.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!