turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Clearview choke tubes

Started by 10gaugemag, May 03, 2014, 10:26:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

10gaugemag

Can anybody tell me much about Clearview tubes? I know someone that has one that is Invector Plus 12 ga. for sale but I don't know much about them. Any input would be appreciated.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: 10gaugemag on May 03, 2014, 10:26:20 AM
Can anybody tell me much about Clearview tubes? I know someone that has one that is Invector Plus 12 ga. for sale but I don't know much about them. Any input would be appreciated.

I have only seen one of those choke tubes. It was sent to me by a reader who was trying to find a better turkey choke that would fit his gun. Many years before, he'd sent his barrel to that company to be cut off and threaded. It was a custom choke but much too open for turkey hunting. It had a proprietary thread pattern and did not interchange with any current production chokes. 

I contacted the company in an effort to find some additional chokes for my reader but they had none in stock for it and were no longer making any that would fit his particular gun.

I do not recall what type of steel the choke was made from, I don't believe it was stainless however. As I recall it had about a .75" parallel section but that's all I really remember about it.

If you purchase it, I'd recommend that you make sure it has regular threads that will fit a standard Invector+ barrel.

Thanks,
Clark

"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

10gaugemag

Come to find out they are standard Invector threads and not Plus threads as advertised.