OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

JELLY HEAD CHOKE SEATING

Started by OLE RASPY, March 16, 2011, 09:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OLE RASPY

All this stuff on chokes and guns got me to looking. I took the barrel off and looked this choke is seated all the way in the barrel.When looking through the barrel at the light its almost impossible to tell where the choke ended it all blends in from diff angles i spun it it while looking through.I tryed to take a pic of the inside barrel but didnt come out very good.But the choke on the outside doesnt go all the way agaist the barrel is this normal.This is a 935 by the way.The gap on the outside in between barrel and choke is uniform.Im thinking theres not a problem since its seated good on the inside.On my previous setup (835) the stardot choke was seated inside and out.Thanks Heres a pic of the outside.

WyoHunter

Doesn't appear to be a problem to me. As long as the choke tube seats firmly in the inside of the barrel which you said it does then you should be fine.  :icon_thumright: 
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

VAHUNTER

as long as the choke is flush on the inside the gap on the outside will not hurt a thing. you will see this in some aftermarket chokes
Good things come to those who wait

S.C.C

You need to see that gap on the outside of any bbl. with a extended choke of any kind.
If the gap isn't there on the outside then you may have a problem!!!
The gap is there to let you know it's seated inside on the skirt and not on the shoulder at the muzzle!!!

cannonball

I have a Remington 870 with the Jelly Head choke, and there is a small gap on the outside of my barrel as well. This is not an issue as long as the choke is seated on the inside of the barrel.

hookedspur

Quote from: S.C.C on March 17, 2011, 06:41:54 AM
You need to see that gap on the outside of any bbl. with a extended choke of any kind.
The gap is there to let you know it's seated inside on the skirt and not on the shoulder at the muzzle!!!
:agreed: :z-paddy-smiley113:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

bowhunter84

Quote from: S.C.C on March 17, 2011, 06:41:54 AM
:agreed: