only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What 20 ga should I be looking for?

Started by wirtbowhunter, April 29, 2014, 07:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL-Boss

cutt down

Quote from: wirtbowhunter on April 30, 2014, 08:23:08 PM
To the SA-459 owners, is the front sight removable? It looks pretty big and ugly sticking up, and if I'm using a scope I think it would get in the bottom of my sight picture.

One screw & it's off! Simple as that! I took mine off & put a tru glo tru brite red dot site on it. Love the gun & set up.

DUK HUNTER

I just got the Franchi Affinity 20ga APG camo  Chrome lined barrel, love that it only weights 5.5 pounds.

perrytrails

I picked up a Mossberg sa-20 Turkey Thug. I am impressed with it.

POI was dead on with the sights, I didn't think I'd like them but they grew on me after shooting a couple hundred rds through it.

I started with some 3 inch lead Turkey loads,  and then changed the choke to imp cyl to run a few slugs just to break it in.

I was impressed with the factory choke and Federal lead 6's. Also shot a nice group with Remington slugs.

I ran 7 boxes of dove loads, 7/8 ounce #8's through it and it ran fine, even with the cheap steel federals after my break in rounds. It will see some time on doves here shortly. 

I'm sure the SA-459 is nice but the SA-20 mossy will be in my safe for awhile. Worth a extra look!!

FL-Boss

I have both guns.. can't go wrong with either.  The SA-20 will give you more flexibility ... you can use it for deer, dove, etc. 

nothingbutlongbeards

Red Huck

Quote from: FL-Boss on April 29, 2014, 09:32:40 PM
Weatherby SA 459, just a better version of the Mossberg SA20. I have them both
Seen this model for less than the SA-08 at Cabela's

wirtbowhunter

Well, I started this thread several months ago and today I finally pulled the trigger. I have handled a bunch of different guns. After much looking fondling, and reading online I purchased a Franchi Affinity. I can't wait to see what it will do, but it is smooth and feels good pulling up to my shoulder.

reynolds243

Great choice and a super gun. The one I had shot a carlsons 575 and heavyweight 7s awesome

Also looks good cerakoted :)

wirtbowhunter

I shot the new Affinity tonight with the factory full choke.

40 yards
Fed HW 7's
180 in 10"- point of aim is off. I'll have to get that straightened out somehow, but wow.

outdoors

W O W 'S.  RIGHT  , ALL YA NEED IS A REAL GOOD RED DOT AND U ARE GOOD TO GO   :icon_thumright:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

reynolds243

I didn't think you were suppose to shoot anything buy lead from a benelli full choke?

Tail Feathers

That Franchi is a nice looking little gun.  Does it come drilled and tapped?

Reynolds, your gun is a thing of beauty!  I love it. :icon_thumright:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Ocoee Ridge Runner

Does the Benelli M2 only come chambered up to a 3 inch?

reynolds243

Quote from: Ocoee Ridge Runner on October 14, 2014, 04:50:46 PM
Does the Benelli M2 only come chambered up to a 3 inch?

Do you know of a 20g that shoots a 3.5"?