turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Choke for Ben. Nova 24"

Started by Snoody Bastid, March 16, 2011, 08:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snoody Bastid

I'm picking up a Benelli Nova Steadygrip, 24"bbl and would like to know from any of you guys with the same gun which choke you settled on. I currently have a Supernova with a 26"bbl & a Pure Gold 670. I'm shooting 3" shells and will be trying out H13 3-2-6's. Thanks in advance..

StruttinGobbler3

I shoot a Supernova with a 26 inch barrell with H13 3-2-6s, and my brother shoots a Supernova with a 24 inch barrell with H13 3-2-6s. We both use .665 Indian Creek choke tubes. Look no further than this choke, in my opinion. Throws awesome patterns with that load.
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

Snoody Bastid

SG3- Thanks for the heads-up. Did he try any other chokes for comparison, or was that the only choke he used?

drum817

I have a Supernova with a 24" barrel...I shoot an I C ....put MANY rounds through it and it has put up some GREAT numbers.
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

Snoody Bastid

Thanks drum. I think I want to go that route but I'm kinda put-off by some of the stories I've been reading on here concerning the IC chokes as of late. I do know they make a good product though.

drum817

I'm not gonna try and steer you in any certain direction.  I can speak only from personal experience.   The I C fellas have GREAT customer service and their new chokes are stainless steel (I've never had a problem with any IC Choke).....you can call I C directly and talk to Mike or Stuart and ask them all the questions you want.
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

StruttinGobbler3

I agree with drum, I've put countless rounds through my IC and never had a minutes trouble (knock on wood). But in answer to your earlier question, we shot the same gun/load combo with the IC, Pure Gold, Undertaker, Carlsons, and Jellyhead. Most all put up decent numbers, but the IC just blew them away. Good luck in whatever you choose, those Supernovas are great turkey killers.
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

Snoody Bastid

Thanks for the honest replys. I think I'll go ahead and order an IC to compare with my P.G.. The good thing about these high-end chokes are that you can re-sell them easily if they don't work out for you. My gun should be here in a few days, along with my Leupold 1.5-4x20 NWTF. I lucked out on a NIB Nova turkey w/Steadygrip and the 24"bbl for five bills on Gunbroker. I'll wait until it's all patterned-up before I sell my Supernova.