turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

That's about a wrap

Started by harleytom, April 28, 2014, 08:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harleytom

Season about done here in AL. Was off today and tomorrow, heard one gobble twice on roost at about 100 yrds this morning but he was not fired up and expressed no interest in my calling. Sat up on my favorite clover patch and had 2 hens feed in front of me for 2 hrs but Mr. Tom was a no show. Weather predictions of heavy storms and 5-6 inches of rain tomorrow. I might get out Wednesday morning before work as season ends then. Overall I feel pretty good with 2 solid birds and a better working knowledge of my lease as this was my first season there. It's been a grind the last few weeks but know I'll already be missing it by the end of the week. Good luck to all of you guys with season left. Let's finish strong!

turkey harvester

same here last weekend for me to hunt. The birds down here have been giving me a fit as it seems the gobbling lull has hit. Hopefully I can find one more bird that wants to play the game and I can fill my second tag. Good luck to everyone still hunting.
TURKEY NUT CUSTOM STRIKERS- Jeffrey Thompson-Owner.  Kathleen,GA
Hunt with your kids, not for them.

jblackburn

I feel like a crack addict needing a fix!  I cleaned an put up my 2 shotguns since I'm out of tags.  I helped a buddy get his second the other day and I think I will help another get try to get number 1 on Sunday.  My wife bought a tag, but we've had a tough time getting her to the woods.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

turkey harvester

Well its over for me, had a blast and I'm ready for next year. Good luck to those still hunting. The birds in my area have got lockjaw or have gone. Kicked my butt this weekend. But its been a blast!!!
TURKEY NUT CUSTOM STRIKERS- Jeffrey Thompson-Owner.  Kathleen,GA

dlewis82nd

the turkeys hammered better here in missouri the last three days of season than the rest of the season that is for sure. I will however make it to kansas one more time to try and fill my last kansas tag and 2 tags for the wife and 2 for my dad.