turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Add another to the score

Started by turkey harvester, April 27, 2014, 07:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkey harvester

Well finally smoked one Saturday morning. 22lbs, 9" beard, 7/8-3/4" spurs. Pics and story when I get home and get loaded up. Not a monster but he'll work for me anyday.
TURKEY NUT CUSTOM STRIKERS- Jeffrey Thompson-Owner.  Kathleen,GA
Hunt with your kids, not for them.

jblackburn

Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

turkey harvester

Here is the bird I got Saturday morning with my best friend. This bird gobbled not 100 yards from where we sat down. We didn't put him to roost it was just luck I guess. He gobbled his fool head off on the roost and by 6 am he was on the ground. I could hear him spit and drum from distance and then he just started running towards my decoy. He stops just shy of it and puts on a show. Meanwhile we have 5 jakes that are gobbling to his every spit. We have had these jakes ruin a hunt before when trying to get a longbeard. They are a band of bullies. The gobbler is about 35 yards and wont commit because he's focused on the jakes. They weren't going to ruin another hunt so I let him have it with the Mossberg. After I shot him all the jakes came running up and attacked my down flopping bird. They put on quite a show. Some of my pictures are a little fuzzy but we made do with what we had.

Eastern 22 lbs, 7/8", 3/4" spurs and 9" beard.
Score: 22+8.75+7.5+18=56.25

turkey harvester

harleytom

Nice bird and story. Congrats

RIStrutStopper