835/24inch barrel/TruGlo Gobble-Stopper Extreme(.695)/LB XR 3inch/6s

Started by ohiomossyoak, April 26, 2014, 12:53:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ohiomossyoak

Mossberg 835/24inch ported barrel
Gobble-Stopper Extreme choke(.695)
Winchester LongBeard XR 3inch/6s
(Updated Pic at bottom of page)
Laser ranged 30yards/ Outside temp 65 degrees/North wind @8mph blowing from muzzle to target

I recently put Williams FireSight adjustable slugger sights on the vent rib..I shot 2 3/4in game loads between 15 an 20yards to get a rough zero for my sights

First shot  30yards from muzzle to target /no pellet count done,but clearly alot of density..Shot was WAY low versus my intended POA

Second shot 30yards from muzzle to target was still low but closer,and I did not take a picture

Third shot 30yards from muzzle to target.Aint to bad but I am new to all this..I counted 175 in the 10inch the first time and  my wife counted 189(Go figure)..

UPDATED

Day 2 of patterning..I adjusted my sights Up and left a tad.I shot one shell at 30 yards(much better POI now and pellet count) also 40yards and "further".I did not take pics of those shots but I did count hits in the 10in(30yrd=266 hits...40yd= 204 hits...Further out=142 hits..

I did however get a pic of a closer range(18yd) that many had been asking about.As most of us thought its damm tight.I did not count hits as it seems redundant when looking at the pic

"Mister X"=2013 Recon'ed Stryker Strykezone 380 covered in Mossy Oak Treestand camo(1inch groups@45yards off a bench with Slick Trick Broadheads)
"General Patton"=Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag/24in ported barrel in  woodland camo

Tom Foolery