Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Stoeger 2000 and mounting a scope?......

Started by bigrnyrs, March 16, 2011, 05:21:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigrnyrs

I had one a while back and sold it. I really regret it because it patterned better than all the other turkey guns I have ever owned. I think I will get another one but I want to mount a scope on it. My last one I has drilled and tapped. It worked well but even the gun smith told me with the an aluminum reciever is iffy. The metal is kinda soft and you can screw up. I am looking for a better option because after hunting turkeys with a red dot scope I don't wanna do it any other way! Any ideas? Thanks.

Reloader

Pullit just drilled and tapped his.  May want to give him a shout.

I would drill and tap for a weaver base before getting a saddle.

Use some red locktite on the screws and get er done.

allchokedup

Had mine drilled and tapped 4 yrs ago and its still doing great. Gave it to my Son and its still working fine.
I think they are awesome guns, the camo on the forend rubbed off real easy though. Could have been my fault by accidently getting some deet on it, I guess, not sure how that happened.

pullit

Mine has a saddle mount on it (for now) I let a buddy of mines daughter use it but when it comes home, I will drill and tap it for a mount.
I did drill and tap another buddies 2000 a couple of weeks back. Here are some pictures of how it looks.

savduck

I had a scope on mine till it came back and cut my eye lid. Got a saddle mount with red dot on it now.
Georgia Boy

bigrnyrs

Well thanks guys! You confirmed what I already figured and that if a gun smith knows what he is doing you can trust him on the aluminum. Preciate-it all! I just can not turkey hunt with out a red dot any more.