OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Time for the northern team members to step it up!!

Started by RutnNStrutn, April 24, 2014, 06:03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RutnNStrutn

FLA's season is over, and the hunting at my places in SC is pretty bad right now. Looks like after tomorrow morning, I'm done for the season. That means me, Black magic and Turkeywhacker are all done. Time for y'all to step it up for the Guns N' Hoses. Good luck brothers!!!

Sent from my 1950's rotary phone using Tapatalk

WildSpur

Wow.  We don't start til 5/3!  I can't imagine being done already. ..nor could I imagine starting that early either! 

Time will tell up here.  We will see if we had a winter kill or not soon.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

Twowithone

09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

blackmagic

I can't imagine living in a place where a winter kill is possible.   Shoot em up fellas. 

Twowithone

We had a long cold winter up here had to be some mortality for sure.Me and crew were down TA. last week and it was snowing and were drilling outside in a white out. Im glad that winter is behind us now. :OGturkeyhead:

TrackeySauresRex

I will try and beat my bird,but it's gonna be tough. I'm going out in the morning with junior again. We are heading up to the north part of the state. The weather is going to be great. It has been blowin real bad the last few days. We're pumped! I will keep all posted.
B-Well
Johnny
:turkey:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Deputy 14

:thanks:
Quote from: Twowithone on April 24, 2014, 08:24:13 PM
Cant wait for the opener. :OGturkeyhead:

Three days away and a weeks worth of rain. Gonna be tough but can't wait. I guess if it gets too bad I'll shoot one out of a field with a rifle.  :OGani:

Twowithone

RutnNStrutn

Well I'm done boys. The birds have shut down at my leases. So I went home today and called it a season. Good luck to all of y'all! Schwack some big uns!!!

Sent from my 1960's rotary phone using Tapatalk

TURKEYWHACKER

Best of luck to our northern brothers. I got side tracked this season and spent the bulk of it introducing my 9 year old grand daughter to turkey hunting. Sorry for the lack of an entry on my part, but I have gained a new hunting buddy who is eat up with it big time.

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: TURKEYWHACKER on April 27, 2014, 08:42:02 AM
Best of luck to our northern brothers. I got side tracked this season and spent the bulk of it introducing my 9 year old grand daughter to turkey hunting. Sorry for the lack of an entry on my part, but I have gained a new hunting buddy who is eat up with it big time.
That is much more important TW!! :icon_thumright: Kids come first, and having your grand daughter out in the woods with you is more important than a contest entry. :you_rock:

Mountainburd

This Virginia season has been the toughest I've ever experienced.  I've hunted ten days so far and no birds to show.  Gobbling activity is hit or miss with lockjaw after flydown.  I've only worked 2 or 3 birds so far- that's it.  Birds will give a couple courtesy gobbles here and there, but no birds have been hot.  I've had two opportunities with birds coming in to about the 50 yard mark, only to have them drop down over ridges out of range. Yesterday am called one in on a string off the roost....55, 50, here comes the snowball......only to have him break right and drop to the next shelf down on the mountain, gobbling away.  Re set up on him numerous times but he eventually lost interest.

If you were to tell me I would not have punched a tag by the third week of the season a month ago, I would have laughed at you. 

Sorry boys, I'm trying!

TrackeySauresRex

^ The season can change reak quick for the better. Hang in there. You'll get em!  :anim_25:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Twowithone

RutnNStrutn

Can't get any worse! Keep at it!!

Sent from my 1960's rotary phone using Tapatalk