Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Been quiet!

Started by jblackburn, April 23, 2014, 07:53:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jblackburn

Pretty quiet around here, fellas!  I hope that means your in the woods!

How's your seasons so far?
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

paintbrush

I have not even started hunting yet. Was suppose to head to SD tomorrow but that trip is being postponed for 2 weeks due to the weather forecast for out there and work. I will start hunting here in MN. on May 1st if I'm not sitting as a Petit juror on a jury trial. Been called to serve for the months of March and April and haven't sat on one yet. With my luck, I will probably get stuck with this one just when I can finally get out after them!  Here in MN we only get 5 days to hunt with shotgun and my days are May 1-5. This trial could go thru May 2 or longer. I hope it gets settled out of court! I want to go hunting!!

harleytom

Got one week left and will try to hunt at least 4 of those mornings. Getting hot down here and woods are getting quiet w/ hens going to nest. Gobblers getting hard to find and I'm struggling to keep chasing them.

paintbrush

Well, send some of that heat up MN. way. It snowed about an inch here this afternoon. Turned the ground white again! Most lakes are still completely iced over up here where I live. Our birds are just starting to get cranked up.

harleytom

85 here today w/ mid 80's highs for rest of week. Still nice in mornings till about 11. Can't image that cold anytime, especially this far into spring. No thanks, I'll keep the hot weather, thanks. Good luck to all you starting your seasons in the next few weeks.

RIStrutStopper

My season doesn't even start until next Wednesday. I may have a new piece of land to hunt on, gotta see if I can get permission. Otherwise, I've got my usual places. I've had a dry spell going for a little while, time to crank it up this year!

WVohioFAN

The WV Spring season starts Monday morning. I can't wait.

RIStrutStopper

Well, my season starts tomorrow. Supposed to rain for the next two days and some stuff came up at work, so I guess I won't be in the woods until Friday. I do know there were two Toms strutting at one of my favorite spots, so says the landowner. That's a tough spot though, property is very small. They roost there and then pretty much leave the property. If I don't get a shot right away, I normally move to another property. This waiting is pretty tough!

turkey harvester

Good luck on Friday, maybe the weather will hold out for you.
TURKEY NUT CUSTOM STRIKERS- Jeffrey Thompson-Owner.  Kathleen,GA
Hunt with your kids, not for them.

Hunt with your kids, not for them.